“Try the plate "Allerlei" - and die (just for the rhyme, otherwise all is fine)”
Review of Schnitzelwirt

Schnitzelwirt
Ranked #69 of 4,443 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Neubau
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Excellent meal - this is really traditional Austrian food.
Huge schnitzels, good quality, good beer, low prices ...
Exit at the Neubaugasse U-bahn and continue 5 minutes on the Neubaugasse street. Entrance seems small but it is a huge restaurant at the back. You will not be sorry !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The first time we went to Schnitzelwirt we were blown away by the size of the schnitzels so a tip for the less hungry or of smaller appetite is to go for a "kinder-schnitzel", i.e. a child portion, which is biggish all the same. Otherwise, as other reviewers have commented, left-overs can be taken home. Schnitzelwirt does exactly what it says on the box and is commendable that it has found the balance between inquisitive tourists and local diners. The service is quick and polite but there's normally a senior member of staff who is particularly jolly in a Viennese way, so there's a bit of atmosphere too. Well worth a visit unless, of course, pork isn't your thing?

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant for schnitzel. We were not disappointed. The place was full of local people. The schnitzels were massive and delicious. We declined the offer to take our left-overs home!! Simple rustic food, a shared table with a lovely Austrian couple who were very informative about the area. This is an excellent "local" restaurant. House wine was delicious. All in all a delightful evening.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We order wien schnitzel which is 6.7euro and the other unbread with cheese and ham schnitzl which is 11.9 eu. It's very cheap and delicious!!!! I recommend here!!!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Being in VIenna, I had to have a schnitzel and the guidebook recommended this restaurant. I ordered the schnitzle and for 6.95 Euros I got the biggest portion that I have ever received in any restaurant. While I didn't get sick because the food was of a poor quality, I should never have tried to eat that much because I was miserable for most of the night. It was very good though and it is quite a charming place.