“A favorite” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regina Margherita

Regina Margherita
Ranked #790 of 4,071 Restaurants in Vienna
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Inner City
Wirral, UK
“A favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Well, I have to respect the fact that the previous reviewer had, for whatever reason, a bad experience. But I have worked in Vienna for three years and sampled quite a few of the Italian restaurants here. This is a favorite. I like the location, ambience and have always found the staff to be friendly and efficient. I think their pizzas are among the best in Vienna. They do have some expensive wines but I have gone for reds around 30 euros and been happy with the results. So I go with the majority of reviewers in recommending this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013

Panama City, Panama
“Probably the worst in Vienna”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

When you go to a cheap restaurant and get rushed service with a smile, you think that's pretty good. When you go to what pretends to be a fancy restaurant and you get very bad service, that's bad. It's all relative, right? Well, in this one, which I thought had class (looks great inside), I ordered carpaccio, and the head waiter did not wait to get my main meal order. I though: no problem, this is a classy place, I will get the opportunity to order the main meal after the antipasti. I was at the time engaged in a discussion with an old friend I had not seen for a while, so I missed the fact that the other five friends had ordered both the antipasti and the main course. When the waiter returned, he served everyone their antipasti AND the main course at the same time. When I finished my carpaccio and asked for a main course, he looked annoyed. He finally brought it to me and sort of gently threw it on the spot. Needless to say by this time all my friends had finished their entire meal and were now thinking about desert.
As if you needed more, I ordered red wine. I asked for a recommendation. The head waiter (again) brought me a bottle that looked quite nice, saying that he recommended this one. He did not bring the wine list. I asked him if it was reasonably priced, to which he answered with a warm smile that, of course, it was reasonable. Then I get the bill. 150 euros for the wine, 175 euros total.
Those are the facts. You make up your own mind. I am NOT returning there, ever.

• Visited February 2013
6 Thank Ernest F
Isle of Wight
“Authentic Italian restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were recommended this hotel by our Concierge who was actually Italian, which was a good sign. Having travelled to Italy many times we were used to the real deal and this place did not disappoint. The pizza was the best in Vienna as far as we were concerned. The service was excellent , the food came quite quickly , it wasn't,t a cheap meal but the quality was there, the Bruschetta was amazing! We visited twice whilst in Vienna and would definitely return.

• Visited January 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We found this friendly Italian Restaurant by following the Chef in the rain in the Hofberg after a day walking the Leopoldt Museum. Lovely spacious barrel vaulted restaurant with a warm welcome! Delicious Focaccio Rosmary, homemade Ravioli,Tartufata Pizza and Paccheri.Dessert was a treat with a plate of small Italian desserts called Impressione. The Chianti was great with our meal!

• Visited December 2012
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I go back here again and again. The waiters are attentive and the food excellent. I always take the ruccola salad and the house pizza. Excellent value for money and a wonderful garden outside. The tables are a bit squeezed together indoors, buty it doesn't disturb. Great location near to the metro.