“Excellent Italian in Vienna”
Review of Regina Margherita

Regina Margherita
Ranked #668 of 4,158 Restaurants in Vienna
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: Located in the heart of old Vienna, this Italian restaurant specializes in Neapolitan-style pizza prepared with only the freshest ingredients. The pizza oven was created out of stones, sand and earth from Italy. The Pizza Margherita is prepared with fresh tomatoes and basil, pieces of buffalo mozzarella, and slices of Parma ham. Courtyard seating provides a quiet respite from the pace of city life. Beautiful interiors in wood and brick, all within a couple minutes walk of St. Stephen's. This cosy elegant restaurant with its chill atmosphere in the heart of Vienna is on the list of the best Italian restaurants in Vienna. It specializes in Neapolitan-style pizza prepared with only the freshest ingredients directly imported from Italy. It is placed in the inner yard of the Palais Esterhazy and is the perfect place for a romantic night as well as a relaxing family gathering. The philosophy of our cuisine: We only use fresh products either from the market or raw products – all coming from either Austria or imported from Italy – to tempt you into the experience of a culinary adventure. We are known for combining traditional, fresh produce with new, creative culinary ideas and serving them in an elegant, yet authentically regional setting. Please see our Website for more Information regarding our Menu’s. We can can also create special Menu’s in case you are looking for only halal, vegan or vegeterian food!
San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent Italian in Vienna”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Regina Margherita was recommended to us by our hotel concierge. I had a great meal out on the patio, where the ambiance was superb. The chianti we had was also excellent. Maybe not the most romantic locale, as large groups of tourists and families do eat here, but certainly close. I was not disappointed and would definitely go back.

Vienna, Austria
“Nice for outdoor celebrations”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

There are restaurants in Vienna that make a mega-fuzz about reservations outdoors (too tedious, precious tables are gone...). The staff at Regina Margherita is wonderfully accomodating and relaxed, you will have no trouble booking a large table and then arranging aperitif/starter/dinner menus. I found it the perfect mix between casual and festive - after all, we wanted to celebrate and laugh, not sit at some stiff place. Contrary to some other restaurant gardens in Vienna you can sit outdoors into the wee hours here, I assume due to the fact that there are no tennants around but only offices.
Pizzas are nice, and there are also some other options. I had ordered mixed starter plates to be brought out first, and they were of surprisingly good quality.
There is no hard selling and ripping-off here, but they actually seem to help you save money more than you would wish. Wine was placed far away from our reach and only refilled upon my request since I was taking the bill - once I understood that, I asked for the white and red wine to be put right at the table, and we ended up having a long, fun, and much-remembered evening.

Manhattan, NY
“Great find in Central Vienna”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I discovered this place after being referred by one of the shop girls at Gucci. I was looking for a great place to have lunch nearby. You walk thru a building and find this charming Italian restaurant where you can dine outside. My boyfriend is Italian and a harsh critic of cuisine but he loved it! I'd definitely go back and sit for hours! Many people claim this is the best Italian/pizza in Vienna.

• Visited July 2012
Sofia
“A welcome change”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We found this restaurant a welcome change from typical viennese food. We came upon it by chance and did not regret even for a split second our spontaneous decision to walk in. The restaurant is located in Palais Esterhazy and the interior is very airy and pleasant. Service is polite and attentive. Food was delicious and pizzas were as good as the best of Naples. We had Siciliana and Margherita and both were excellent. The minestrone was also good and so were the salads. For dessert we had a selection of all their pastries - all were delicious. As a whole - a very pleasant experience, would gladly recommend.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Pantaleia
Vienna, Austria
“It was ok”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

There is really nothing more I can add. It was an ok experience. Nothing wrong but also nothing exciting. I had a soup and beef carpacio for lunch. Service was pleasant enough.