“Schnitzel with potato salad was awesome!”
Review of Figlmuller

Figlmuller
Ranked #75 of 4,443 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, European, German, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Old University Quarter
Description: Auf die Speisekarte des Figlmüller Wollzeile gehören auch andere Klassiker der österreichischen Küche wie Wiener Tafelspitz mit Schnittlauchsauce, Apfelkren und Rösterdäpfel oder Kalbsrahmgulasch mit Butternockerln. Von den 13 Gerichten auf der Karte wird aber meistens nur eins geordert. Das Figlmüller Schnitzel ist ausschließlich von der Karreerose, wird auf einen Durchmesser von etwa 30 cm geklopft und in Brösel von der Kaisersemmel paniert.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The portions of schnitzel at Figlmueller were enormous! It's a bit pricey but Vienna is expensive in general. So, for the portion, the value was jus right. We loved every bite and thought it paired well with the potato salad. I had leftovers to eat later that day so I definitely got my fill of great schnitzel. Would come back for this if ever in Vienna again. Keep in mind it's a small restaurant, so seating for bigger groups might be more difficult.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,162)

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Have seen in TV food program this restaurant which are Vienna´s most famous for wiener schnitzles so we must try. Was lucky that our hotel with short notice got us a table, it is really a hit coming there, full house and people without reservation waiting outside. Even they is extremely busy the waiter was still friendly and service minded. The schnitzel is HUGE. I have got better schnitzles, but the atmosphere, the history etc makes it really worth a visit. So save your appetite and drop lunch and go get the large plate for dinner :-)

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Figlmueller is Vienna's most famous schnitzel restaurant. Big portions, reasonable prices and perfectly done schnitzel in a charming venue. Reservations highly recommended. There are a variety of other dishes on the menu, the beef goulash was tender and flavorful. Its crowded but worth the effort. We would return.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I arrived at Figlmüller around 4pm and it was already busy. I was told by the waiter that a woman was being seated at an available 2 person table, and if she was OK with it that I could share with her since I just needed a single seat. The woman said OK and thus began one of my most memorable meals. She was Austrian but her English was pretty good. We had a lovely conversation over identical delicious meals - 1/2 order of wiener schnitzel, side salad and a glass of white wine - and at the end she paid for my food! Could not believe the generosity of this new acquaintance, and general friendliness of the Viennese. Then, two other women who had heard me say I was from California invited me over for a glass of schnapps. The three of us had a great chat, I learned they are sisters taking a short holiday, which made me think of my sister back home!

Anyway, long story short. Both the food and the atmosphere/people really made this meal for me. Made me feel very welcome in Vienna and set the mood for a wonderful 3 day holiday. I recommend Figlmüller to everyone, and hope that you meet some nice locals while you enjoy your schnitzel!!!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

No reservations, and even when inside you wait for a long time for the food. Schnitzel and potato salad worth the waiting.

1  Thank fulya_arman