“***Superb***”

Neighborhood: Serviten Quarter
Athens, Georgia
“***Superb***”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Was the most fantastic dinning experince ever, we also love kittichai in nyc, but this takes the cake just wonderfull. The chef comes around your table and ask and prepares your dishes for you. kinda like a chef tabl, but is not over priced like nyc for chef table where they go for $1000, this was 200 euros for two people. Just go you will be pleased.

Tip: get rsvp 6 months ahead of time.

• Visited September 2011
4 Thank JetSettersCandT

Berlin/London/NYC
“An epitome of snobbism without any substance”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Kim Kocht is the biggest disspointment I've had in all my incredible dining experiences from around the World.
Immagine a gorgeously wrapped christmas present, only upon opening it finding a peanut inside. When I walked in at 6:40 pm there were 3 tables with bored looking customers who obviously have not seen better. ( speaking of Nobu in London). My entrance was blocked by a gorgeous looking girl with an attitude who asked me where I am going. I expressed my wish to dine early as i was on to a meeting after that. There were at least 5 more available tables which were not reserved.
She started telling me that the way it functions is that from 6pm to 8pm they serve only a 3 course menu, and then from 8pm onwards 5 course menu. So I was quite looking forward to a nice experience and more that 1 hour and 20 min. to enjoy it, being there on time for the 3 course menu.
Well that was not possible for the cook wanna be Kim, who said it is too late to order it, so I should either come back at 8,( when I will be collapsing from hunger) or hope to taste her " creations" another time. The way i interpret it is: I will cook for you not when you are hungry but when i say so, or i will smack you with my Korean chopsticks. And did I mention you can't have what you want. I cook what i feel like, take it or leave it. Oh, did I forget saying you are obliged to order all the 3 or 5 dishes. OK, it sounds too old school for you, OK, so here you have some choice. we offer 400 varieties of wine. Take your pick. Excuse me??? Who wants to go over a list like this. I am already having a headache by reading it......
Based on the reviews I' ve read here, waiting 25 min. for a starter, I am not surprized that 1 1/2 hours for 3 course meal was a bit too demanding for poor Kim. Bless´er.....
However, she expects you to pay a Michelin star prices for the attitude, slow service and what obviously looks and sounds like a pretentious food with no taste.
When one starts to fake cosmopolitain ambience with such a demands on customers and absolutely no freedom of choice, I know it is only a matter of time until the next Kim shows on the block and leave our poor friend asking herself, what went wrong.
Kim kocht might end up soon paying too high of bill for such un-flexible, arrogant and pretentious establishment, instead of all the customers which she turns away.

Visited May 2011
10 Thank contrabrain
Paris, France
“Very good cook, but clearly overpriced”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We had red the wonderful restaurant reviews and decided to book one table for our weeding anniversary. Even though I was told to book the table with even a couple of months in advance the truth is that we were lucky to get one table just one week before.

All guests arrive at the same time and the customers’ reception is warm and friendly. We were quickly proposed for an aperitif before we got the menu. Kim went directly to all the tables to take the customers orders. She is obviously the best restaurant asset but not only for her excellent cooking but also for her extraordinary personal relationship.

The restaurant has a cozy but also modern decoration with a smart mixture of birch lumber, glass and copper. Some acoustic panels would help to dim the sometimes too noisy environment. The chairs are meant for a chill-out lounge rather than for a restaurant, they are not very comfortable to eat at the table. However considering that the 5-course dinner takes more than three hours is good to be able to lean back and enjoy the evening.

Kim proposes two different menus, so we decided to choose each of us a different one. This proved to be a small mistake. Each dish is prepared for all customers that ordered it at the same time and only then another dish is prepared. Due to the small amount of personnel in the kitchen this may do things easier to prepare, but has also the inconvenience that you have to eat your dish alone while your partner waits about twenty minutes for the next dish to be prepared.

All dishes are quite elaborated and the mix of sweet, salt and hot is just perfect. What we missed was a bigger variation on different tastes, having most of the otherwise awesome dishes a predominant coriander hot-chili taste.

Kim has definitely a great team both at the kitchen and at the dinning area, her dishes are creative and tasty. However I consider the restaurant a little bit over evaluated and definitely overpriced. Î am glad I had a very good gastronomic experience at Kim’s restaurant, but I am not planning to return.

8 Thank Suabo
Madrid, Spain
“Nice place, but, hey, where is the food?”
Reviewed April 24, 2009

Sophistication, elegance, friendliness, all smiles and hospitality - this place is serious about its image. My question remains: where was the food? Dressings, decoration and accompaniements distract you and overpower the food. A triumph of wrapping, rather than cooking.
There was simply far too little produce of substance in a five course meal. Certainly at the price asked for.
A very impressive marketing stunt

4 Thank hblnk
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Expensive + book weeks in advance, but damn good!!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2009

Expensive + book weeks in advance, but damn good!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook