“Thank you, but... no!”

Neighborhood: Inner City
Monza, Italy
“Thank you, but... no!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

I was there yesterday for a business dinner.
It was arranged by the company so I don't have a realistic idea of the quality /price ratio.
I did not remember eating so badly last time I was in Vienna. The appetizers and desserts were not a complete disaster, but the soup only tasted of hot chili pepper and the (half) lobster was tooooooo boiled and tastless.
And, to put the icing on the cake , the service was terribly slow.

rome
“overrated”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have to say that I am not impressed at all by this restaurant. First of all we waited to be seated at least 10 minutes without being asked to have a drink at the bar. Table was not ready . Food...... not sure. we both had a soup (diffent) and we all had stomach problems. I had salmon and was not really the best ever had. One thing genial is the pan fried egg. excellent idea .

• Visited February 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Was here in July 2006 during a conference in Wien. Simply stated, one of the very best Asian restaurants in Europe. Very broad menu and service was excellent, attentive without intrusive. Food spice levels could be tailored to specific preference, just tell the waitress what you prefer. Patio seating was perfect for the hot climate at the time. Close to Stadtpark and St Stephen's. Very highly recommended.

• Visited April 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
“Not really Vietnamese, but still good”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

At least one TripAdvisor reviewer panned Indochine 21 for not actually serving "Vietnamese French" cuisine, as it advertises. This is a fair criticism, but the plates that Indochine 21 does offer are a stand-out nonetheless. During our Restaurant Week visit, I tried the hot-and-sour soup and my wife had a starter of chicken salad. The soup had a nice combination of oyster and shiitake mushrooms and was indeed hot spicy. However, it was not thickened in the usual manner so the more watery broth was not as expected, or as tasty. My wife liked the curry flavor (which evidently was misnamed as "marsala chicken" instead of "masala chicken") and the way the spices combined with yogurt and the salad greens. I thought my braised lamb in puff pastry was exceptional. The lamb had been "pulled" or shredded, but had a very nice texture without being dry. The sauce, which was described as black-bean sauce, was slightly sweet, like a plum sauce. It complemented the lamb perfectly, which is often hard to do since lamb has such a definite flavor. My wife enjoyed her crispy salmon, with a celery puree that brought out the celery flavor exceptionally. The dessert was delicious.

Service, however, was spotty. There appeared to be only two waitresses for half the dining floor (or perhaps more, but we couldn't see around the corner), which might have been sufficient for a normal day, but not when the Restaurant Week offer filled more tables. The service was sufficient when we first sat down, but slowed noticeably when two large groups arrived and were seated. Our waitress also expressed her distinct surprise when we elected to have tea with our meals, since it is evidently just an after-meal beverage in Austria, further proof that we were not really in an Asian restaurant. Finally, our waitress did not realize that we had not been served our dessert, so we had to wait quite a while to finally finish our meal. The restaurant's décor, except for some minor touches, also did not reflect any Asian touches, but the high ceilings and ample windows let in abundant natural lighting. I would definitely return for the regular menu.

• Visited March 2012
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Exotic and excellent food”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

very nice mix of Asian and european food. Just the right touch. The drinks are also a must!! Not easy to find good restaurants with a good menu for drinks

• Visited June 2011