“nice hotel with good breakfast”

Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen Vienna
Ranked #44 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed January 28, 2010

My wife and I stayed for four nights and would definitely stay again. It was our first trip to Vienna. but the room service was very poor......

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 31, 2009

Stayed here when attending a conference. It was pretty clean and the staff were pleasant & helpful. The room was confortable and breakfast was OK too. My main issue was that the hotel was about a 20 walk to the City Centre. Nonetheless, trams seemed to go past towards the centre, so this may not be too much of a hardship.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Having just stayed in the Trend Hotel Savoyen for 4 nights I can say I would definitely look for a different hotel next time I'm in Vienna.
The hotel itself is in a fairly good location, just a short tram ride away from the heart of the city. The design inside is quite modern and bright but it doesn't have much character. However, given the reasonable rate I would say in this respect it is worth the money.
What really let the hotel down for me was the service. When arriving an checking in, we were greeted by the most incompetent receptionist I have ever dealt with. She was very rude, unhelpful and left us considering checking straight out and finding another alternative. I've stayed in a good number of hotels ranging from cheap youth hostels to top of the range 5 star locations, and I can honestly say that I have not experienced service as bad as this. I knew absolutely nothing about the hotel or the area after I had dealt with this curt and disinterested horror show and I actually wanted nothing more to do with the place other than rest my head. Coupled with this experience was the fact that the housekeeping were either overworked or incredibly lazy. We came back to find used towels dumped in a heap in the middle of the room, used face cloths left untouched, bins without bags in them and more. It would be unfair to say that all the staff were bad as some were perfectly polite and helpful... however you only get one chance to make a first impression.
I would love to comment on the quality of the breakfast but I was not going to spend 20 euro per person when there was plenty of far superior and cheaper alternatives. There were other gripes that I won't mention here as they were not enough to put me off alone.

In a country that is known for it's fine hospitality the Trend Hotel Savoyen is WAY off the mark. My advice is look for somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Melsh81
Reviewed December 13, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with a party of 12 friends. Our rooms were very spacious including immaculate bathroom. The staff were very helpful and the reception area was very comfortable for meeting up to discuss our plans for the day. The buffet breakfast was delicious with a fantastic choice of hot and cold food, with a chef to prepare fresh omelettes etc. An added bonus was that although we arrived early on the Friday for our weekend, all the rooms were ready which meant we could make the most of the rest of the day. I would certainly return to this hotel which is ideally situated for the train from the airport (approx 15-20 mins) and the no. 71 tram which goes right past the hotel entrance.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank JackyHampshire_Uk
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Lovely breakfasts, nice spacious bedroom but a good 15 minute walk to City Centre (although Tram 71 passes hotel). Public areas very smokey especially the bar, Austrian smoking laws very different to ours which was a shame as we would have used the bar more often!

Conference on whilst we were there so breakfast time was quite busy.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed November 19, 2009

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I stayed in an Executive suite, whilst my work mate got the standard room, both were nice, hotel was clean & had contemporary design throughout.

The reception & breakfast were good too, whilst the staff were always helpful... Overall pretty decent for business travellers, free internet, quick service, plenty of taxis going past too!

Unlike other people leaving comments, I did get some great views over Vienna, especially from the exec breakfast area, really impressive.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business