I would probably not have chosen this place if not for it's location being near to business dealings nearby. I shad a good stay here for a week in mid march. The price was good, location was next to the VIC U-bahn station which was excellent convenience. We took a standard room and an executive room (balcony for smoking). The standard room was very comfortable, it had a bathtub with a great shower.
The upgrade to an executive room was an additional €25 per night. It came with the executive lounge at had a little snack and fruit, the aqua massage and the whole mini bar in the room. Room size was the same as the normal room. Wasit worth it? Well, the executive lounge was tiny. The "all day snack" were mini croissants and crustini, fruit was bananas and apples. The coffee machine was not working and hot water for tea was also not working - but the nice staff got hot water from the restaurant on the ground floor. Breakfast wasn't included in the upgrade. So other than my colleague got to smoke, the upgrade wasn't that great for the price.
The UNO restaurant served the main meals but we found that it was pricey. We ate there once. But the bar next to the restaurant served pretty decent food like gnocchi, goulash, sandwiches, burgers etc. less pricey than the restaurant.
While breakfast was not included in our room, there was a really good bakery at the u-bahn that sold fresh breads every morning.
We also discovered the lake behind and took a lovely peaceful morning walk at the Kaiserwasser lake, with the UN office of Vienna in the background, ducks, swans and lovely birds all around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The superior-hotel is situated opposite of the UNO City and the Austria Center Vienna, and combines due to its location nature and urbanity. Eight seminar rooms with a total of 350 sqm provide meeting capacity for up to 280 people. The restaurant UNO impresses guests with seasonal delights and a choice of exclusive wines. 282 rooms, suites, apartments and theme rooms,as well as spacious business suites are awaiting the guests.Exclusive highlight is the executive floor with its own reception and lounge on the fifth floor. Mini bar consumption, WIFI high speed internet and access to the executive lounge - offering snacks, soft drinks, coffee and tea - are included in the room rates of executive rooms, apartments, superior rooms, suites and theme rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arcotel Kaiserwasser reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arcotel Kaiserwasser Vienna
- Arcotel Kaiserwasser Hotel Vienna