“Authentic Spanish food”

El rincon de Don Quijote
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mariahilf
Description: Enjoy with us the best tapas, spanish beers and wine
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had dinner here. The food was great, very authentic and good for the price (3 euro per tapa). The service was fast and extremely friendly. I'd recommend this place whenever you get sick of eating pork in Vienna :). There is very easy access from the u 4.

1  Thank Pablo D

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We ate here on our last night in Vienna and we were so looking forward to our meal having head the reviews on Tripadvisor. It was almost 9pm when we arrived at the restaurant and as it was very busy the owner kindly opened up an adjoining area of the restaurant where we sat on two lovely comfy sofas. There was some live music being played by a lovely Spanish guy and the atmosphere was excellent.

The man who runs the restaurant and the lady assisting him were both lovely friendly individuals and we understood that the owner was also the one who does the cooking too.

We are huge fans of tapas and we were eagerly perusing the lovely menu when the owner came to the table and suggested what we might eat. We went along with his recommendations ordering a small amount of food to begin with and he also ordered some wine. Before long we were licking our lips and the tasty bits we had started with were all excellent.

We were all ravenous and we were ready to work our way through the rest of the menu but there was only one problem. It turned out however that the chef's original recommendations were what was left in the kitchen as he said that the large group who were there when we arrived had eaten everything!

I have to say that the menu did "look" excellent. There was a great variety of foods listed, but as only about 10-15% of what was on the menu was actually available to us we really couldn't assess the true quality of the tapas.

We settled for repeated portions of prawns and chick peas and bread and although it was disappointing on our last night, we appreciated that the young owner/chef was just getting a grip on things, and he obviously didn't want to have any wasted food!

I would say that in contrast to our normal experience of tapas as a dining option, we felt that the meal at this restaurant was expensive, and of the four nights that we ate out in Vienna this was our most expensive bill for the least amount of food.

In summary, the setting is cosy and fun and the staff friendly and helpful. The food and wine we tried were tasty and well presented but the variety for us was sadly lacking. Value wise I would say it's overpriced but I would still be tempted to go again for a second chance if I found myself back in Vienna.

2  Thank Berniebobcat
Mbarakaja, Propietario at El rincon de Don Quijote, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear friends,

thank you for eating in my restaurant and write an opinion.

I remember you very clear, we were talking long time and you were very friendly.

but what youd say is not really true... I remember, that day I only didnt have TWO tapas, it was late and a lot of people came that day (i cook everything fresh, not like in other places, my tapas bar was only two months opened and my food is limited, and you came without booking ), however I had THREE tapas extra out from the menu but you only wanted to eat meatballs and lentils.. maybe shrimps too. I remember two that one of you just asked me to get marry because my food was so good (it was very funny too) heheh

excuse my english.

thak you very much and I hope to see you again

un abrazo y un saludo, Miguel

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Pedacito de cielo

muy recomendable para disfrutar de un rinconcito de España en Viena

Nos encantaron las tapas, sus raciones exquisitas y sus vinos

Un trato muy amable y con muy buenos precios

Regresaremos pronto

Slice of Heaven

highly recommended to enjoy a little corner of Spain in Vienna

We loved the tapas portions and exquisite wines

Very friendly service and great prices

We will return soon

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Its good bud for a spanish could be a bit better as spanish gastronomy is on top and has the most recognized Chefs and restaurants worlwide.

4  Thank Maes J
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Either TripAdvisors are easily pleased or they lack all taste buds. I decided to visit to the restaurants, which is on the third place between Vienna restaurants.There is absolutely nothing special about this. Prices are high for quality, amount and service. For the same price you can go in another local, where will be service, food and Atmosphere excellent.

4  Thank 731christib

hola! :)

First of all i would like to thank you your visit, but i have to answer you.

I dont think my food is tasteless, the most spanish people really love my food, so it has to be good.
I dont know where could I eat something for 3€ and drink something (a very good wine) for only 3,90€.. (maybe in a fast food restaurant). i would be pleased to know it.
The prices of this tapas-bar is cheap even for Spain...
i am sorry but i disagree with your opinion about prices and quality

buenas tardes y un cordial saludo, Miguel