“Lots of fun”

Discover Vienna Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Wachau Valley Winery Small-Group Bike Tour from...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Specializing in small group and private tours in and around Vienna. With over 11 years experience, we pride ourselves on showing you Vienna like no other tour operator.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We took the Wachau Valley tour and it was great. We biked through quaint villages along the Danube river and tasted great wine along the way. Adam, our guide , was fantastic and shared his knowledge of winemaking and local history and culture.

All reviews
"gruner veltiner"
"intimate knowledge"
"knowledgeable guide"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
in 6 reviews
"hour walking tour"
"amazing tour"

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We decided last minute to book into a wine/bike tour and Adam was so helpful in organising it!Esther was a fantastic guide from start to finish and even took time to give us recommendations for bars/restaurants in our area and advice for the rest of our trip. Tour itself was amazing-plenty of wine and scenery-highly recommend!!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

A day like this is what you look for as a traveler. Our guide, Adam, and his helper, Esther, were both excellent - very pleasant company and had everything prepared perfectly. Everything, including the train ride, bike pickup, wine tasting (of course), and ferry ride across the danube, went smoothly.
The wines were all great, always accompanied by a brief and interesting background from Adam. The biking was not too arduous, I had no troubles all the way through and it didn't seem like any others had any serious difficulties either. Best, however, was the company. I think I was lucky to get such a great group; we all got along very well together and conversation flower easily all throughout the day. But I think the nature of the tour (and the wine :p) makes my experience a common one.
All in all an awesome day that I'd happily do again!

1  Thank Arkady A
Reviewed May 18, 2014

It was very interesting and beautiful tour in Wachau valley. It was not difficult and we enjoy riding the bicycle. All wineries was small and unique and wine tasting. The bbg was very nice. Although it was raining during the day- it was very beautiful with a lot of clouds around the mountains and our guide Ester was in very good mood in spite of weather. She was very friendly and told us interesting stories about the region. Thanks a lot for a such memorable day.

Marina and Roma

1  Thank Marina G
See more reviews
Reviewed May 16, 2014

First, I agree Sheldon's bell was just bad:)) Bethany (my daughter) and Sheldon were on this trip. It was a challenge for me b/c I am out of shape, but I was able to do it and was never made to feel I was holding the group back.
I was hesitant to do this b/c I thought it would be too hard, it was not easy on the small inclines but I felt really great when we finished.
The stops are frequent and well planned. Adam is very knowledgeable about the area and the wines we tasted. Rick and Esther were assisting for training and they were very good too, friendly and helpful.
You start by taking a train from Spittlau station, easy to find on the Vienna metro system. Ride is about an hour and very scenic. You pick up bikes in Krems and start the ride. It is about 17 miles total.
The Danube River Valley is just gorgeous. We stopped in several small villages, had time for a coffee or shopping. One winery was up a steep set of steps and the views were great.
Lunch at the small winery was ample and very delicious, choice of salad, potato salad and several meats. Also a vegetarian option.
A ferry across the Danube was fun and then we headed back to Krems, mostly flat riding. A stop at a beach, while too cold for us, would be great in the summer.
We turned in our bikes and had time for coffee/pastries by the train station if we wanted.
Adam is very good at what he does. He has been doing it for a while and it shows.
Bike has a basket with helmet and poncho in case it rains. I would suggest bringing a water bottle. You can wait and buy one at first stop too. Bike seat was very comfortable.
Highly recommend this and it was a highlight for us.