“Pleasant, great view and affordable.”
Review of Hotel Cryston

Hotel Cryston
Ranked #282 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Hyderabad, India
“Pleasant, great view and affordable.”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had a reservation at Hotel Cryston, however we had reached about 4 hours early. They were kind enough to provide us an apartment at the same price. As we enter the room, we were just mesmerized by the size of it. These days you do not find rooms this size unless you are going to a 3-5 Star hotel.
The room was clean, and the view was great. The only little problem was the floor was a bit squeaky, which did not matter because we chose to use the bed from the other side.
The breakfast was amazing as well, not included in the room rent though.
The trap and subway station were right across the road so it was really convenient. The staff was courteous as well.

Room Tip: Choose the Road facing room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We took a room for 3 persons, with the parking space for our car, and got it for 95 euros, which was a good deal. I didn't wanted to bother myself with the parking zones in Vienna, so the distance to the center was not far, 20 minutes walk, we came back by taxi from the main Vienna's tourist area for just 10 euros. Even if you are interested to visit Belvedere and Schönbrunn -they are also 20 minutes walk (2 km), which we didn't since we stayed for just 1 night, and 2 afternoons which was quite adequate to see, visit all the attractions we intended to in the city center.
At the reception, both of the receptionists were able to speak English, and Serbian too.

Room Tip: the traffic noise didn't bother us at all, it was fine, we had a view on the park, and some of h...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great, clean hotel in a great location... big rooms and good service. We stayed there twice! Only weird thing was the second time we were in an older room and the toilet was one of those strange ones with a shelf!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I have staid in this hotel last week with my wife and had a great experience. The hotel has been previously remodeled and it looks like it has at least 4 stars. Our room was nice and big and had an incredibly beautiful and very modern bathroom.
Another great thing is their breakfast room. It is very stilly and nice and it offers a lot of different types of food.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel to my friends

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

An excellent hotel which fully justifies the price. Staying only one night. Booking through booking.com was not a successyfull, and over the phone I was able to confirm the reservation. Very friendly staff, secure parking, excellent location.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed there one night. It's very close to metro stop and bus stop also. The rooms are clean and tidy, everything was fine. The staff is very professional and helpful. Breakfast was also very good. What more should I say, when you are in Viena - take this hotel. Good value for good money!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dj0rdjeS, Manager at Hotel Cryston, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Kethrow,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and are looking forward to host you again in the future.
Pori, Finland
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were staying in Hotel Cryston with my friend 09.08-10.08.2013. We found an used needle (the injection part) FROM MY BED. Luckily, it was inside a thin bottle, and I truly hope that it has been in there the whole night. Yes, I had it in my bed the night, because I assumed that the sheets and the bed overall in a hotel are clean! The bottle had little drops of blood in it (see the picture attached to this hotel). I don´t use needles of any kind, because I don´t have an illness that would require the use of ones (needless to say, neither does my friend). We brought the needle to the reception and they did not know where it originated from. They rather suggested that I would have brougt the needle with me (WHAT?!). And just in case someone is wondering, we did not have any bags or jackets in the bed so it could not have "fallen" from us as a mistake. We booked the hotel through a website, so we truly hope that we could get some discount. I did not open the bottle, but what if a child would have slept in that bed? Curiosity sure has its role to play. If the needle was infected (hepatitis etc) who would have stood up with the consequenses? Its normal that mistakes happen, but this was surely too much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Laura P
Dj0rdjeS, General Manager at Hotel Cryston, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry for your experience in our hotel. I am only wondering how could something like this happen, that you found a needle under the bed when all of our beds are made out of wooden boards which are touching the ground so that no one can place anything under the bed. Further, I cannot recall that you asked to see the manager as I was in the hotel whole day the day this accident happened.

Still, please accept our honest apology for something I hardly believe could happen in our hotel. We would like to see you again in our hotel so this mistake could be corrected from both sides.

Travelers are raving about these Vienna hotels