Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna
The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna(Vienna)
$583
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
All reviewscafe centralgreat locationjunior suitewithin walking distancespanish riding schoolfree mini barnice hotelmajor attractionsstandard roomnespresso machinethe main shopping areaan upgradewalk in showerthe heart of the cityfew minutes walkold citybreakfast was included
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed in a number of mediocre Radisson Blu's but this hotel has restored my faith in the brand. Its right in the middle of the shopping district (centre of town) and you can easily navigate on foot. The hotel is well designed although the TV in the mirror is what one might call style over substance! I had an issue with the lighting quite late into my first night - the night manager moved me almost immediately and straight into a junior suite so I really cannot fault the service. Both the room service and in house restaurant food was great...I would definitely stay again. With pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Eyabo M
ManagementStyleHotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Guest,
many thanks for your feedback about your receint stay with us. We are happy that you had a great time and are looking forward to welcoming you soon again, when you next trip brings you back to Vienna!

Verena Forstinger, General Manager

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is a good comfortable hotel within walking distance of the city center and main attractions. Staff are friendly and the legendary Radisson Breakfast is up to the usual high standard. Clean room with all the amenities you would expect.
Would recommend for a weekend stay or overnight if taxi free access to the city is a requirement.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
isabel_fiedler, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay in the Radisson Blu Style Hotel. We appreciate your review of your stay and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time in Vienna. We hope we can welcome you soon back in our hotel and remain with best Regards

Greetings from Vienna

Isabel Fiedler
Guest Relation

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The hotel was brilliantly located - and the Cafe Central (close to the Radisson front door) was a great introduction to Vienna. It was a pity the air con was less than effective and the bath took a very long time to draw - 20 minutes. Yet I would happily recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear that you felt comfortable and enjoyed your stay. Please apologize for all inconveniences you experienced in the room with the air-condition and water. Of course I will pass your comment on to our chief engineering, so we are able to work on it. Thank you very much for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We hope we can welcome you soon back in our house.

Best Regards
Isabel Fiedler
Guest Relation

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Can only recommend this hotel! Nice, clean, very serviceminded staff at all levels, excellent service, spacious rooms elegantly decorated, situated in the middle of the cultural city center near by university, and the K&K-sites.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PerBech
ManagementStyleHotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

many thanks for your feedback about your receint stay with us! We are very happy that you had a great time and are looking forward to welcoming you soon again in Vienna!

We wish you a nice start of spring!

Best regards
Verena Forstinger, General Manager & entinre team of Radisson Blu Style Hotel Vienna

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I am a big Radisson fan and this hotel hit the usual high notes – with two exceptions. The location is just stunning, across the street from the famous Central Café and five minutes (beautiful) walk from many of Vienna's classic sights and great shopping streets. The decor is chic without being painfully over-designed. We had a junior suite courtesy of my Club Carlsson card and the room was fabulous. Staff were friendly and very helpful in general, especially at the front desk. Breakfast is excellent and freshly cooked: no wobbly ancient scrambled eggs or soggy bacon under lights here. Our stay would have been worth five disks on TA but for two failings, one minor and the other more serious.

First, the grandiloquently named Boardroom houses an antiquated PC with the dreaded Swisscom charging you by the minute for any activity save printing boarding cards. It simply didn't work when I tried printing a simple PDF and wasted almost an hour of my time (and the concierge's) before we gave up and they kindly printed the docs for me at reception. Why not just offer some loan printers as many hotels do with ironing boards – they cost next to nothing these days? Or failing that, have a modern computer that actually works... and why charge? I am steadily growing a hearty dislike for Swisscom, whose logon procedures are in my experience flakey in the extreme, especially for iPhone.

However, that was a small thing compared to our disastrous dinner. I should know better than to eat dinner in midweek in a small boutique hotel: there just isn't enough trade to justify a quality chef or staff. The one customer in the restaurant when we entered was complaining about his chicken and obviously frustrated with the service before he left, but we pressed on optimistically and ordered. One soup was cold and the other so salty I could taste it for hours afterwards. We complained but persevered. When one main course was similarly inedibly overseasoned, we sent it back... but the waiter brought it back to the table and started telling us that we were wrong, then left with it and did not return. We left at this point and I told the front desk I had no intention of paying, which in fairness they graciously accepted.

The moral of this story is probably to beware restaurants where you are the only diner! The meal did not appear on the bill and the hotel staff were very helpful in every other way, so it's forgive and forget from me. I would stay at this hotel again in a second for all its very good points... but I will be eating out in the evenings.

Room Tip: All the streets are very quiet so no need for a high floor if you are noise-averse.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your feedback about your stay and the meeting at our hotel with us. We are happy that you have enjoyed the stay with us and would like to thank you for your honest words regarding the meeting room and the dinner at our restaurant. We will use your feedback to improve our service and F&D quality.

We wish you a nice start into the spring and are looking forward to welcoming you again upon your next trip to Vienna.

Verena Forstinger, General Manager & Radisson Blu Style Hotel Team