“A very good experience”

Ranked #63 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Adelaide, Australia
“A very good experience”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've been in Vienna mostly for business - my stay will be 9 nights... The people who work at the hotel have all been friendly and helpful. Nespresso coffee machine in my room has been appreciated - breakfast has been very good also. The location is great. Underground station one minute away. Tram 5 minutes away. Easy to walk to many attractions, shops and restaurants. Also easy to bike around the city for trips a few kilometres away. Very comfortable and trendy - and little touches that have made my stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Verena F, General Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Heid!,

thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to welcoming you again upon your next trip to Vienna!

Best regards from sunny Vienna!

Verena Forstinger, General Manager & Radisson Blu Style Hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Frankly speaking, from whatsoever the perspective, this hotel really does not deserve to be worth at 350 euros. Location is not so good especially we had to find with hour to find the hotel and not so many know where it is even the hotel is within ten minutes walk to the centre of attraction. I really could not accept to use a soap instead of shower gel for bathing. Neither did the room provide electronic kettle and just a coffee maker. The view of the room is awfully poor for facing the oppsite building too near.

The choice of buffet foods is so limited that I just wondered if I really had to pay 350 euros, I must kill myself. Only one waitress was smart, the other somewhat an idiot, she gave me a pot of hot water without a cup!!! They were only too pleased to ask you coffee or tea without mentioning that you can order some eggs and beef steak from the menual!!!!

The ladies of reception were generally better than the male staff. One receptionist threw me a contempt when I told him that I would not take a taxi to the restaurant especially he told me it was far far away. He tried hard to calm himself down in searching for the route to the restaurant. Even though I asked him whether he would reserve a table for me, he just pretended that he had not heard my request. Although he was cool to us, when he was free, he gave a hearty smile to his colleagues during their free chat on duty.

I became a member of carlson club because of the excellent service of radisson blu in Karkow, I never expect the service quality of radisson blu is so poor yet so expensive in Wien. Take my advice, with money spent in such an amount, many hotels do better than this one.

Room Tip: forget all about it
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amy3344
Dear Amy,

thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that we have not met your expectaion and were not able to provide you with the usual standard of service quality. We take your feedback very serious and will share it with the relevant department heads as well, in order to improve the qualtiy of service. However, we would appreciate, if you would send us your contact details, including your Club Carlson membership number, so we can show recognizable to you. Please submit your contact details to: info.style.vienna@radissonblu.com

NZ
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Overall I thought Radisson Blu Style Hotel was a good hotel. It is in a very nice part of Vienna and convenient to many activities. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel gives free Wi-Fi, but if you don't have a laptop or smartphone, there was no free complimentary computer to use, you instead had to pay for the computer. Most of the staff were great, but the man who did our check in was very rude and pushy. When we checked in, he was most insistent that we should pay for an upgrade to a larger room. We said we were fine with the room we booked, but he kept on going on trying to convince us to pay for an upgrade. It seemed like he was on some sort of sales targets and was being very pushy. He seemed to be very annoyed when we said we were fine with the room we originally booked. He also checked us out and the only thing he said was "Have you taken anything from the minibar?" , not even a nice goodbye. It was the worst customer service we have experienced on our Europe trip. The other staff were helpful during our visit however, so it might be isolated to just one employee. It is a shame that this man left a sour note on this hotel which is an otherwise perfectly nice hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Verena F, General Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us! We are happy that you had a nice stay and appreciate your open comments, in order to improve our service quality.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again, when your next trip brings you back to Vienna!

California
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We spend 4 nights here over Memorial Day weekend, our first time in Vienna. I book the Radisson Blu because I often stay at this brand throughout Europe, and have been generally pleased with their hotels. This was no exception. When we checked in, we were upgraded to a small suite with a large bathroom and separate sitting area. Very modern room, very clean, minibar was included. Bed was very comfortable, room was quite (double windows really helps). Breakfast was included with our room, nice Euro style buffet. Plus, you could get eggs, bacon, etc. made in addition. Bar and bartenders were nice, knowledgeable to speak with at the end of the evening to figure out what to do the next day. The u-bahn station is right around the corner, and the hotel is centrally located for walking to many of the major sites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Verena F, General Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us! We are happy that you had a great stay and are looking forward to welcoming you soon again, when your next travel brings you back to Vienna!

Verena Forstinger, General Manager & entire Radisson Blu Style Hotel Team
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed June 3, 2013

As a young couple (myself being a graduate student), my boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere affordable with a central location. We focused our trip on Budapest and were only able to spend 2 days and 1 night in Vienna due to our budget, thus it was extremely important for us to make our experience count. This hotel is within walking distance of all of the major local attractions including but not limited to: the lovely Volksgarten, St. Stephens Cathedral, the Hofburg, the Museum Quartier, Rathus city hall, Parliament, and the Nachtmarkt. It is right across the street from Cafe Central, where we had a delicious breakfast, and around the corner from Vapiano, a nice and affordable lunch place with Italian style food that is delicious and quick for those fitting lunch into their busy schedule. The famous Demel chocolate shop is also within very close walking distance as is the Hotel Sacher if you are looking to have some Sacher Torte for dessert. The accommodations are stunning, especially for the price! I booked through Expedia 4 months in advance and got an amazing deal. We were in a standard room (see picture). The bed was very comfortable and we had a nice view of Cafe Central from our window. I loved the way that both the room and the lobby were decorated. I honestly couldn't believe what I paid to stay here!
However, the most impressive part of this hotel was the customer service. All of the staff were extremely polite and helped guide us about where to go and what attractions are not to miss. What really blew me away was the way that they handled a situation I had with the Vienna Sightseeing tour that I had booked. Only being in Vienna for two days, I had booked a guided bus tour that would allow us to see a lot of the main sights in Vienna in a short amount of time. Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication about the pickup time and I was devastated to find out that the tour had left without us and that we might not have another chance to go on it. I was very disappointed and upset because I had pre-paid for this tour and had been looking forward to it since I had booked it in January. Plus, being a graduate student, it had taken me a while to save up for this trip, and it will likely be my last one for a while. To make matters worse, the man on the phone was very rude to me, which threw me over the edge, and was the last straw for me after having to deal with the airport losing our baggage and having to buy new clothes. I broke down and started crying in the lobby thinking I had lost out on the money and an amazing experience that I had been looking forward to. The hotel staff started calling the agency immediately, trying to sort things out. I was able to book an early tour for the next day before our departure, and the staff was nice enough to extend our checkout to 2pm to accomodate this. After the ordeal, one wonerful concierge sat me down and brought me water and a cappuccino (which I did not have to pay for) and did everything in her power to make me feel comfortable and calm. Later on, the bartender checked in with my boyfriend to see how I was doing. After that, the staff gave us recommendations about where we could walk, and helped point us in the right direction. It was rainy and they provided us with umbrellas, which luckily we didn't need. I ended up having the most romantic night of my life in Vienna, thanks in no small part to the treatment I received at this hotel. I have never been treated this well at any other establishment, especially as a young couple. The staff at this hotel truly care about your experience there. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gr33nteagirl
Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your review about your recent stay with us! We are happy that you had a great time at our hotel and are looking forward to welcoming you again upon your next trip to Vienna!

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location; this was our first time in Vienna and we were close to public transport and everything we wanted to see/do here for the five days. Our room was always clean, housekeeping kept it tidy every day, with an awesome view, and we had our own little coffee machine. The room did not have an iron/ironing board, but as soon as we requested one the iron and ironing board were brought up to our room. The staff speak English well and were very helpful.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris H
Verena F, General Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your review about your recent stay with us! We are happy that you had a great time and are looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Vienna!

Verena Forstinger, General Manager and the entire Radisson Blu Style Hotel Team
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This a nice boutique style hotel with an excellent location. It is with 5-10 minutes walking of all major attractions and shops. The Museum Quartier and Opera House are only 10 minutes walking distance.

Pros: Location, The rooms are decent sized and the bathrooms are huge.

Cons: Unfortunately the AC in our room was not working. We called to fix it and all they said was that it was broken. They didn't even offer to bring us a fan. Therefore I had trouble sleeping in the heat. The amenities didn't make sense for a five star hotel. A broken AC and no iron in the room.

The service could be much better. We ordered an iron and it never showed up. We also asked for a European converter, which never showed up either.

The concierge provided us with answers to all of our questions but they were not that friendly. We asked them to order us a cab to the train station and the cab company they called arrived at the hotel but quoted us a price of 65 Euros. We knew this was too expensive and looked for another cab which charged us only 25 Euros. Keep this in mind when you ask the hotel to order you a cab.

Overall, this is a nice hotel however it does not deserve five stars. Five star hotels have excellent rooms AND service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kikip7
Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. We are very sorry that our service did not meet your expectations and take your comments very serious, in order to improve our service level.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again upon your next visit to Vienna!