“Excellent location, good value, great room”

Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna
Ranked #60 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We spend 4 nights here over Memorial Day weekend, our first time in Vienna. I book the Radisson Blu because I often stay at this brand throughout Europe, and have been generally pleased with their hotels. This was no exception. When we checked in, we were upgraded to a small suite with a large bathroom and separate sitting area. Very modern room, very clean, minibar was included. Bed was very comfortable, room was quite (double windows really helps). Breakfast was included with our room, nice Euro style buffet. Plus, you could get eggs, bacon, etc. made in addition. Bar and bartenders were nice, knowledgeable to speak with at the end of the evening to figure out what to do the next day. The u-bahn station is right around the corner, and the hotel is centrally located for walking to many of the major sites.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Verena F, General Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us! We are happy that you had a great stay and are looking forward to welcoming you soon again, when your next travel brings you back to Vienna!

Verena Forstinger, General Manager & entire Radisson Blu Style Hotel Team

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna

Reviewed June 3, 2013

As a young couple (myself being a graduate student), my boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere affordable with a central location. We focused our trip on Budapest and were only able to spend 2 days and 1 night in Vienna due to our budget, thus it was extremely important for us to make our experience count. This hotel is within walking distance of all of the major local attractions including but not limited to: the lovely Volksgarten, St. Stephens Cathedral, the Hofburg, the Museum Quartier, Rathus city hall, Parliament, and the Nachtmarkt. It is right across the street from Cafe Central, where we had a delicious breakfast, and around the corner from Vapiano, a nice and affordable lunch place with Italian style food that is delicious and quick for those fitting lunch into their busy schedule. The famous Demel chocolate shop is also within very close walking distance as is the Hotel Sacher if you are looking to have some Sacher Torte for dessert. The accommodations are stunning, especially for the price! I booked through Expedia 4 months in advance and got an amazing deal. We were in a standard room (see picture). The bed was very comfortable and we had a nice view of Cafe Central from our window. I loved the way that both the room and the lobby were decorated. I honestly couldn't believe what I paid to stay here!
However, the most impressive part of this hotel was the customer service. All of the staff were extremely polite and helped guide us about where to go and what attractions are not to miss. What really blew me away was the way that they handled a situation I had with the Vienna Sightseeing tour that I had booked. Only being in Vienna for two days, I had booked a guided bus tour that would allow us to see a lot of the main sights in Vienna in a short amount of time. Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication about the pickup time and I was devastated to find out that the tour had left without us and that we might not have another chance to go on it. I was very disappointed and upset because I had pre-paid for this tour and had been looking forward to it since I had booked it in January. Plus, being a graduate student, it had taken me a while to save up for this trip, and it will likely be my last one for a while. To make matters worse, the man on the phone was very rude to me, which threw me over the edge, and was the last straw for me after having to deal with the airport losing our baggage and having to buy new clothes. I broke down and started crying in the lobby thinking I had lost out on the money and an amazing experience that I had been looking forward to. The hotel staff started calling the agency immediately, trying to sort things out. I was able to book an early tour for the next day before our departure, and the staff was nice enough to extend our checkout to 2pm to accomodate this. After the ordeal, one wonerful concierge sat me down and brought me water and a cappuccino (which I did not have to pay for) and did everything in her power to make me feel comfortable and calm. Later on, the bartender checked in with my boyfriend to see how I was doing. After that, the staff gave us recommendations about where we could walk, and helped point us in the right direction. It was rainy and they provided us with umbrellas, which luckily we didn't need. I ended up having the most romantic night of my life in Vienna, thanks in no small part to the treatment I received at this hotel. I have never been treated this well at any other establishment, especially as a young couple. The staff at this hotel truly care about your experience there. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gr33nteagirl

Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your review about your recent stay with us! We are happy that you had a great time at our hotel and are looking forward to welcoming you again upon your next trip to Vienna!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Fantastic location; this was our first time in Vienna and we were close to public transport and everything we wanted to see/do here for the five days. Our room was always clean, housekeeping kept it tidy every day, with an awesome view, and we had our own little coffee machine. The room did not have an iron/ironing board, but as soon as we requested one the iron and ironing board were brought up to our room. The staff speak English well and were very helpful.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H
Verena F, General Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your review about your recent stay with us! We are happy that you had a great time and are looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Vienna!

Verena Forstinger, General Manager and the entire Radisson Blu Style Hotel Team

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This a nice boutique style hotel with an excellent location. It is with 5-10 minutes walking of all major attractions and shops. The Museum Quartier and Opera House are only 10 minutes walking distance.

Pros: Location, The rooms are decent sized and the bathrooms are huge.

Cons: Unfortunately the AC in our room was not working. We called to fix it and all they said was that it was broken. They didn't even offer to bring us a fan. Therefore I had trouble sleeping in the heat. The amenities didn't make sense for a five star hotel. A broken AC and no iron in the room.

The service could be much better. We ordered an iron and it never showed up. We also asked for a European converter, which never showed up either.

The concierge provided us with answers to all of our questions but they were not that friendly. We asked them to order us a cab to the train station and the cab company they called arrived at the hotel but quoted us a price of 65 Euros. We knew this was too expensive and looked for another cab which charged us only 25 Euros. Keep this in mind when you ask the hotel to order you a cab.

Overall, this is a nice hotel however it does not deserve five stars. Five star hotels have excellent rooms AND service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kikip7

Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. We are very sorry that our service did not meet your expectations and take your comments very serious, in order to improve our service level.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again upon your next visit to Vienna!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for five nights at this past March. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of all of the local attractions. The rooms are nicely furnished with modern decor. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are surprisingly large (by European standards). The breakfast is a standard European offering, but worth the price. The hotel is directly across from the Cafe Central, so you have other breakfast options.

The hotel rate was a little high, due to a the trade-show that was taking place. I will definitely be staying here during my next trip to Vienna.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Verena F, General Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your feedback about your stay with us! We are happy that you had a great time and are looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our stay in the hotel was very pleasant. It is a remarkable boutique hotel.
The location is good as it can be easily reached by metro.
The staff at the check in was nice, polite and work effectively. We did arrive early (~9am) and lucky that the room was already available.
The room and all of its facilities are great, like what you expect from a 5 star hotels. The bathroom were also great and very spacious.
We feel that the hotel is really paying attention into details for the customers, some city map along with suggestion of unique place/restaurant is available in the room.
Another remarkable service/treatment that we really appreciate is when we would like to check-out. We left the hotel in early morning (6am or so); the staffs at the reception desk and concierge offer some coffee for the breakfast before we leave as it is still so early. Although we did not take the offer for the coffee (as we need to catch the train), they gave us two bottles of mineral water instead. This small thing on the service is truly remarkable and and meaningful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Verena F, General Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
many thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us.
We are happy that you had a great time and are looking forward to welcoming you soon again upon your next visit to Vienna!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

When you stay away a lot on business, you tend to stick clear of the global chain hotels as they tend to be bland and characterless. The Radisson Blu Style is an exception. There are two Radissons in Vienna and I haven't stayed at the other but passed it on the way in from the airport.

The 'Style' is situated right on the edge of the main city between the museum district and the restaurant and shopping areas. Although central it is in a relatively quiet street and was quiet throughout my stay.

The receptionist was absolutely charming, spoke excellent English and explained everything perfectly. The process of booking in was easy and quick.

I had a room on the third floor and was very pleased with it. A good size with modern décor and a big comfortable bed with lots of pillows. The room was well appointed with table chairs and a flat screen tv, lots of storage space and the usual safe and mini bar. The bathroom was very good with plenty of space and a wonderful shower with a 'monsoon' shower head, loads of pressure and an accurate temperature control {hooray!}. Bathrobes and fluffy owels completed the luxurious feel.

I didn't eat in the restaurant but ordered breakfast in my room the next morning as I was feeling lazy. What a spread!! Fruit, cooked meal, ham, croissant, bread, yoghurt, orange juice and tea....I took my time and really savoured it.

Checking out was excellent again (same receptionist) and they stored my bags while I finished my business in the city and the taxi was ordered to take me back to the airport.

Reading this review you might well get the impression that this was pretty standard stuff but I have stayed in big chain hotels in many cities and they leave you distinctly underwhelmed. The Raddison Blu Style is far better. A real luxury treat!

Room Tip: Third floor is good, not too high but above any street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Alicante,

many thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us! We are happy that you have enjoyed your time at our Radisson Blu Style Hotel and will pass your compliments to our team as well! We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again and remain at your disposal!