Arnes Hotel Vienna
$276
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $336/night.

$321
$277
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $313/night.

$283
$253
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with another couple. We did not choose this hotel. The smell was the first thing I noticed and the fact that they only accept cash. Red flag. The lady at reception is nice enough and gave us the "honeymoon suite" since we were actually on our honeymoon. The room is the one in the picture, second floor balcony overlooking the street. In one word: gross. The carpet was filthy and with dreary, dank curtains and a box of a shower. It's a dive and not sexy for a honeymoon. My husband slept with his clothes on and didn't actually use the bed linens. Also, the pillows were completely flat and there is no fan or a/c so it was nearly impossible to sleep with the traffic and hallway noise. I would NEVER stay here again, just to save a few dollars, it is not worth it. The location is terrible in District 10 too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is a cheap hotel, and for this kind of money it was more than perfect.
Rating cheap hotels is always tricky so i'll try to brake it down:

Room:
Room was very clean, mattress looked brand new, sheets and towels clean.
Floors were laminate wood and was and very clean.
Some furniture was older, but large wardrobe with build-in fridge was brand new. (no mini-bar content in it)
Room 106 we used was quite spacious, but was facing main street and we could hear trams going by all night. Light sleepers should ask for a room on a less noisy side street.

Bathroom:
It was clean and properly disinfected, shower cabin was ok, but enamel on the bathtub was scratched, and general sensation was that it could use renovating.

Hotel:
Not so good. Restaurant in ground floor is demolished and you have to enter the building trough a side door. Front desk is located on improvised location two floors up the stairs. Everything looks as if a construction zone was cleaned up to make it usable, but it was far from complete.

Staff:
Girl who greeted us was very nice and friendly. Spoke good english, and from what i could figure also German and Turkish.
Staff doesn't seem to be available in the hotel at all times.

Surrounding:
Hotel has no parking, however there was plenty of parking space on the streets arround it.
Area is close to southernmost attactions: just 15min walk to Belvedere palace.
Bear in mind that this is not a perfect location for everyone. I felt safe enough, but this is area of Vienna populated mostly by nations from Balkan areas. If you are a rasist, xenophobic, or generally a person with that sort of wrong attitude, you may want to consider a different hotel.

Conclusion:
I would stay for a night or two in this hotel again.
And i hope it will look much better when it's fully restored.

Room Tip: Clean rooms, but not much more. Light sleepers should ask for a room facing the side street.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MarkovicMilos
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Just next of the tram station and very quiet. The location of the hotel was perfect for my needs and price range. The cost was fair and I would recommend it to everyone. The room was great size and extremely clean. The hotel staff was wonderful and very helpful. Very comfortable Beds , very warm at Night, very quiet (Has very soundproofing windows). The hotel has an excellent value for money. OLD REVIEWS MAYBE ARE TO OLD.....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank YYYANNNISSS
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I would not rate this place with the lowest mark, however I also know I will not return there, if I have a little bit more money than nothing to travel to Vienna. And I will make sure I have before traveling. :)
I think you get what you pay for in rather expensive city as Vienna is. So do not expect much. Our room was rather clean, towels were changed most of the time, although sometime we had to ask for that.
The building is old (beginning of 19th century), and undergoes renovation.
The carpets in the rooms are old and stinky. So you are better off if you get a smaller room with laminate floor. Each room has a fridge.There is kitchen with all the basic tools, so you can cook your own breakfast or lunch. The only thing, if you eat in your room, and you drop something on the floor, better make sure you let somebody know to clean it up, otherwise it will stay like that.
The water pressure in the shower was great, and although the shower door were hardly hanging in, it was fine (again - remember, we did not pay that much).
Prior to going to that hotel, some Vienese people suggested us to change the booking, saying that is not a good neighbourhood. Well that is neighbourhood mainly inhabited by immigrants, mainly turkish and muslim people. It was not one of the richest neighbourhoods, but certainly we never felt in danger or insecure. It was just fine. A feeling like in some town in Turkey.
The transportation with Vienna Centre was almost ideal, the tram stops in front of the door, U-bahn 2 tram stops away, taxi station is on the nearest intersection, and grocery store, as well as bakeries are just a few steps away.
I think this is a good enough place for students and low budget travelers.
I think the owners should invest a little money in each room, like, repairing/replacing shower doors, change silicon isolation in bathrooms, which were quite moldy, install at least the cheapest baseboards in the rooms, and that will make the appearances much more attractive.

Room Tip: You are better off if you get a smaller room with laminate floor. If you eat in your room, and you drop something on the floor, better make sure you let somebody know to clean it up, otherwise it will stay like that. Ask for the yard or side street facing room to get a good sleep, if you are light sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2008

During last 4 years I spent 3 or four nights in this pension. My advice to all of you guys, which were unsatisfied, is: try another hotel, For Seasons, Holiday Inn, etc. are good enough for you, for the others, I highly recommend. For such little amount of money: clean bed, hot watter, heating and really good breakfast, bicyclist friendly pension.

MN:o)

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)