“Gorgeous and striking”

$52.64*
Private Tour: Vienna City Highlights Tour
Ranked #12 of 595 things to do in Vienna
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have perhaps had my view of this skewed a little, as my experience of the Rathaus was when I went to The Concordia Ball. So I saw it in its finest splendour. However, it is lovely and makes a lot of our town halls look very drab indeed.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We just look outside the Rathaus, there was same scaffolding, but the building is very impressive. We went just to say : seen

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Rathaus in Vienna is a magnificent neo-Gothic building with high spires and a landmark from much of the central Vienna area, especially the gardens in the vicinity of the Hofburg palace complex.

Unfortunately, the Rathaus was under extensive restoration when we visited and the lower half of the building was almost entirely behind scaffolding when we visited in early May, although the park in front is still quite pleasant. We also were there at a time when we could not tour the interior, and so cannot adequately rate the Rathaus.

It is worthwhile checking the status of the restoration work in the near future if contemplating making a specific trip to visit the Rathaus.

1  Thank KLTRAVELS286
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went on a date where they were celebrating some football game win or something and it was full of happy people. The building is beautiful so I bet it is also worth a visit even when there is no special celebration

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Jaw dropping all around the city. I walked miles just enjoying thrill after architectural thrill. The city hall is a marvel, but you either need a wide angle lens or go a long way back to get a good photo. The downside with the latter you get shedloads of people too.