Pension Kraml
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Esterhazy(Vienna)
  • Room Service
All reviewsno liftminute walkshared facilitiesshared bathroom and toiletviennese musicrick stevesbudget roombreakfast roomlarge roomquiet streetfirst floorshopping streetinner courtyardclose to public transportsmall hotelmuseum districtbreakfast is served
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at Pension Kraml three separate times last summer, using it as a home base of sorts for a multi-leg trip. I was traveling alone for the first visit, and had a tiny but impeccably clean room with a sink for a VERY reasonable price (honestly, I was amazed to get a private room for such a low price during the summer in a major European city). I was a little nervous about sharing a bathroom, but the WC was right next door; I never had to wait to use it, and didn't notice any noise from other guests. The same was true for the shower down the hall. On my second visit, three of us rented a large suite with private bath. The suite was lovely, comfortable, and also very reasonably priced. When two of us decided to stay in Vienna for an extra night, Pension Kraml was able to offer us a slightly smaller room with only one day's notice (all arranged by email). A couple of weeks later two of us were passing through Vienna again and had loved Pension Kraml so much that we asked to stay one more time - and once again, we were lucky enough to get a great room on short notice. On every visit, I was impressed by how clean and comfortable the rooms were (great beds!), as well as how easy and efficient it was to arrange everything by email. The breakfast was wonderful, too, with a nice selection of breads, cheeses, yogurt, etc - and I loved having my own pot of tea every day! I also enjoyed the hazelnut wafers placed on our pillows and the lovely music playing in the entryway. Wifi was stronger in some areas than others, but this was not a big issue for me. The location was ideal - in a quiet neighborhood just a couple of blocks away from tons of restaurants and shops, with easy access to several subway stations, and a lovely 20-minute walk to the city center. Pension Kraml offered the perfect combination of Viennese charm (this is NOT a generic chain hotel), comfort, and value. The staff was welcoming, professional, and quick to respond to every inquiry or request. They were also very accommodating with some unusual requests I had involving my travel gear, for which I am incredibly grateful. If I ever have the chance to visit Vienna again, I will definitely stay at Pension Kraml!

Room Tip: Every room is different - ask specifically for what you need.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed at Pension Kraml over Christmas, the room was of an old fashioned Viennese style but modernly equipped and was very clean and comfortable.
The location is an easy 3 minutes walk from the Zieglergasse Sbahn train station and close to the the most visited shopping street in Vienna.
The breakfast was lovely, with fresh bread, lovely meats and cheeses, yoghurt, and cereals. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and it feels more like being at someones home than at a hotel.
The staff were also very accommodating in providing an early breakfast for us on our day of departure to catch an early morning train.
We would defiantly recommend Pension Kraml and will be back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Libbybriggs87
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here in late October just as the weather was turning cool and crisp. The pension is easy enough to find using public transport and is probably a 20 minute walk from the westbahnhof. The room was huge, one of the largest Ive stayed in, especially for this type of property, clean and the shower and toilets (also always clean) were just outside. The breakfast buffet was plenty, with lots of variety and choice. We felt this was an excellent deal and, since it's slightly out of the centre of Vienna, just enough away from tourist areas. The restaurants in the immediate surrounding streets are outstanding; we ate dinner in this area each night rather than in central Vienna as a result. Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This pension was very impressive. My bedroom was really cute and super clean. It had a little sink in the corner and shared bathroom and toilet. The toilets were cleaned all the time so was the shower. Everything in this place was always nice and clean. I don't know how they did that. Staff were extremely nice and helpful. The location of this pension was great because it was a two-minute walk to a u-bahn station and the main shopping street. It's also only a 15 or 20-minute walk to the centre of the city. It was quiet all night and I slept really well here. Breakfast was also fantastic. Great range of food and great fresh hot chocolate every morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Pension Kraml. Room and bathroom/showers kept clean. Some noise in the night from the street but otherwise quiet. Breakfast is basic with reasonable service. Family run business with a "no nonsense" attitude. Tour brochures and city maps available at desk, though desk is not regularly staffed for questions. I would stay there again and recommend Pension Kraml for it's cleanliness, central location, and price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo