my mom and i stayed there last wk and i have nothing but good things to say about it.
here are the top reasons to stay in this hotel:
1. location: right in the museum quartier. very convenient to u bahn (3 min to museumquartier stop). right on mariahilfer st which is just lined with food and shops if you like shopping
2. staff professional, friendly, helpful. BIG attention to detail in the rooms. chocolate on pillow, beautiful bathrooms, wonderful smelling soap, free tea and coffee in room, fridge with minibar which my mom and i used to store food we had bought from outside :)
3. quiet, 30 or so rooms. separate smoking and non rooms, airconditioned!, elevator
4. excellent breakfast buffet every morning including made to order eggs. my mom and i ate like pigs. yogurt, selection of breads, cold cuts, cheeses to die for, tea and coffee, fresh fruit selection, pastries, cereal, juices....amazing.
5. free wifi which worked just fine for me (had ipad). good connection, not slow.
i highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for all the modern comforts of a hotel in a smaller boutique scale of housing. it has the great features of a bed and breakfast in a small art conscious hotel.
of note: definitely worthwhile to go downstairs to the bathroom and take a look at the womens bathroom. the decor is great! red snakeskin, sink which lights up when you use it. so interesting and fun !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our exclusive boutique and art hotel in the heart of Vienna!Make yourself right at home, enjoy the lavish amenities in our rooms and the excellent service of our staff. Fine design combined with contemporary modern art creates a charming blend of tradition and modernity. We renovated our hotel during the summer of 2009: guest rooms, the breakfast lounge and wellness center, with its private sauna, steam bath and light-therapy shower, now exude a brand-new radiance for your delectation!Our hotel is in Vienna, in an outstanding, central location on the longest shopping street in the entire city, the Mariahilfer Strasse! Our always-helpful and very friendly service staff, along with that famous Viennese charm, guarantee that you will be captivated by our establishment. It is our foremost goal to make you feel right at home. We look forward to seeing you here soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Splitty, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Das Tyrol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Das Tyrol Small Luxury