“Wonderful hotel, highly recommend it!”
Review of Hotel Das Tyrol

Hotel Das Tyrol
Ranked #4 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed August 21, 2011

my mom and i stayed there last wk and i have nothing but good things to say about it.
here are the top reasons to stay in this hotel:
1. location: right in the museum quartier. very convenient to u bahn (3 min to museumquartier stop). right on mariahilfer st which is just lined with food and shops if you like shopping

2. staff professional, friendly, helpful. BIG attention to detail in the rooms. chocolate on pillow, beautiful bathrooms, wonderful smelling soap, free tea and coffee in room, fridge with minibar which my mom and i used to store food we had bought from outside :)
3. quiet, 30 or so rooms. separate smoking and non rooms, airconditioned!, elevator
4. excellent breakfast buffet every morning including made to order eggs. my mom and i ate like pigs. yogurt, selection of breads, cold cuts, cheeses to die for, tea and coffee, fresh fruit selection, pastries, cereal, juices....amazing.
5. free wifi which worked just fine for me (had ipad). good connection, not slow.

i highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for all the modern comforts of a hotel in a smaller boutique scale of housing. it has the great features of a bed and breakfast in a small art conscious hotel.

of note: definitely worthwhile to go downstairs to the bathroom and take a look at the womens bathroom. the decor is great! red snakeskin, sink which lights up when you use it. so interesting and fun !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank milkthistleseed

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Situated at the bottom of one of Vienna's main shopping streets, Mariahilfer Strasse, you could easily walk past this hotel without noticing it. There is only a small reception area and breakfast room, but the bedrooms are quite large, modern and very well appointed.

Breakfasts are good and well presented and the hotel is spotlessly clean and welcoming. Ideal for a two or three night stay to see the sights of Vienna City Centre.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This is a perfect hotel in a great location in a beautiful city! The breakfasts are the best I've ever had in a European hotel and the decor is delightful. The rooms and baths are lovely. If I traveled to Vienna regularly, I wouldn't tell TripAdvisor about Das Tyrol because I would want to keep it all to myself! The Museumquarter location is terrific, on a great shopping street, by the museums and within an easy walk of most other Vienna attractions. Great value too!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2011

As the other reviews have noted this hotel is ideal. Located in the Museum Quarter, it is within an easy walk to the historic city centre/ring and the metro station. While the rooms are small - as per usual in Europe - they were very comfortable, modern, well appointed and quiet!! Most importantly my 21 year daughter and I managed not to get into each other's way. Free wireless internet access was appreciated (and worked!) allowing us to stay in touch with home via my ipad. I arrived in the morning after a transatlantic flight so was especially delighted to find my room was ready and I could check in before 10 am. Service was great, breakfast extensive and fresh. The front desk staff were very helpful providing us with suggestions on where to dine (lots of great restaurants and bars close by). I would definitely return here should my travels bring me back to beautiful Vienna.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Like so many of the other reviewers, I really appreciated the decor, the friendly staff, and the location. But I also appreciated the quiet. Unlike so many chain hotels, this place is solidly built. There was minimal noise from the hall, and none from the street or adjoining rooms. I slept great and thoroughly enjoyed the excellent breakfast buffet.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We have booked a trip to Vienna and had to add an extra night at the start of the trip due to strike action in the UK. The hotel which we have booked for the rest of the trip was full and we booked a night at Das Tyrol. This was a mistake because we loved this hotel so much that the second hotel, although higher in the Tripadvisor rankings, could never compare to this one.
Wonderful and helpful staff, lovely rooms, interesting art, one of the best breakfasts we've had in continental Europe and the great Nespresso machine in your room.
We also liked the area which was quite vibrant with great places for drinks etc in the Museum Quarter which is yards away from the hotel. Also some great home stores in the vicinity. It definitely felt more like being part of a city than the very touristy Stephansdom area.
We enjoyed our trip to Vienna very much and stayed in two very nice hotels but for my money Das Tyrol is a hands down winner and when we return, this is where I would stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shakyjowls
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We booked this hotel based upon the good reviews on tripadvsisor and were Not disappointed on any account.
Very courteous, friendly and helpful service was provided by all staff - housekeeping, breakfast and reception, all of whom spoke English at least reasonably well.
Room was tastefully furnished and very comfortable, well appointed with many amenities, naspresso machine with tea and coffee and a safe, and thoughtful details such as bath robes and slippers as well as liquid soap, mouthwash, shower cap, emory board, sewing kit etc. Note: iron was not provided in room..
Location is excellent, just across from the "happening" Museum Quartier, and very close to most of the palaces, museums and malls - we walked everywhere, and only took the underground once to go to Schonbrunn Palace Museum (see separate review). Underground access is just half a block away from the hotel, and quite simple to figure out.
Best feature for us was the Free Wi-fi in room. easy internet access was a boon!
we would definitely like to stay here, if ever in vienna again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends