All reviews great location a family run hotel shopping street stay there again yogurt underground station parking garage three nights walking distance free wifi reception desk miklos pension mariahilferstrasse city cheese stops
Reviewed June 29, 2007

Stayed here by booking through Venere.com. Lovely, clean room and great location. We booked because we needed air conditioning, due to ill health in some members of our group. Upon arrival, we learned that the air con was an additional 15 euros per day. With the present exchange rate, that is a big increase in the price of the room. As it was very hot in Vienna, at that time, we agreed. When we returned, I contacted Venere.com customer service and was told , quite coldly, that no where in their listing does it say that the air con was free. I have stayed at several other hotels, with the same description on Venere's web site...the air was free as expected. Although the hotel was very nice, good beds, location and very clean; the extra surprising charge has left a bad taste in my wallet. I feel that I can no longer trust Venere.com and will not book with them again. I would stay again at Corvinus but only in cool weather. The staff is very pleasant .

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank nbrenski
Reviewed June 3, 2007

My husband, teenage son and I stayed at this hotel in May 2007. The location is great. The hotel is easily reached from the train station by bus - it's only a three minute walk from the bus stop to the hotel. It is located in an excellent area for shopping and is an easy walk to St. Stephen's Cathedral. The room was clean and fairly spacious. Staff at the desk were very warm and welcoming. They spoke excellent English and were very helpful in providing directions and other information.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank wagr
Reviewed April 3, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for only one night but we loved it. The hotel is situated in the middle of Mariahilferstrasse which is the perfect location if you're going to Vienna mainly to shop like we did. The underground stop is also nearby if you don't want to walk. Location-wise it was perfect for us. The hotel was very clean and the owners and staff were very very nice. We had requested a room for 4 adults and we got a HUGE room that was practically an apartment. Someone said breakfast has room for growth but we felt it was perfectly fine. We really enjoyed our stay and we will definatly stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2006

PROS:
Great location, on one of the main shopping streets in Vienna. A 20 minute walk to the Westbahnoff, 5 minute walk to the MuseumQuartier. Subway stop close by. Street noise loud during daytime but quiet at night. Internet access, laundry services, and airport dropoff/pickup available.
CONS:
My brother and I stayed here, and they gave us a room with one bed and a rock hard futon. When I climbed into bed the first, there was popcorn in the sheets.
In the bathroom, the shower curtain is not wide enough, and so everyday the bathroom floor would be partially flooded. The drain was also clogged in the shower, so I would be standing ankle deep in water.
Half the staff does not speak English well, and the breakfasts are awful.

CONCLUSION:
Would not stay here again. You could probably find something else for 99 euros/night.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank neatfreak
Reviewed July 12, 2005

It is a very small pension, spotlessly clean and located very close to everything. Breakfast menu has room for growth, though. I would definitely stay there again.

3  Thank MishaBBethesda_MD