All reviews great location a family run hotel shopping street stay there again yogurt underground station parking garage three nights walking distance free wifi reception desk miklos pension mariahilferstrasse city cheese stops
Reviewed June 3, 2009

The pension is located closed to a U-bahn stop and near to the Museum quartier, in a street famous for its shops.
The way in is the worst thing (a I read in other review) but when you reach the first floor where the pension is located all is new and clean.
The room is spacious, with flat tv, mini-bar, hair-dryer... very very clean and not so much noise of street enter in the room. The owner is helpful and kind and create a family-feeling sensation.
Definitely one of the best hotel I stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2009

I have stayed in the “Corvinus Hotel” for 9 nights last March. It has a great location on Mariahilfer Strasse, the main shopping street in Vienna. Centrally located and close to the Underground Station, within a walking distance from all Vienna's Attractions. Most importantly is the friendly and welcoming staff. The rooms are clean and well furbished, with modern and elegant and colorful furniture.
The Manager is a great person, whom you would like to talk to. He is very helpful and give you great information every time you ask for. He is above all knows your needs and do his best to make your stay enjoyable. On my next day of stay I found that he installed a TV satellite receiver which can view many channels in my language, the thing which is not available in the normal TV channels installed, where most of them are in German. He did that as a surprise even without my request. He always welcome you in his nice smile and makes you feel that you are a friend not a customer. The food is generally good and variable, although it looks the same every day, especially for someone who stays for 9 nights. But it is fresh and well balanced and organized.

This hotel is practically is a greater place to stay in more than any 5 star hotel, where you pay more and receive less attention. I would recommend this hotel for everyone who is looking for a cozy and centrally located place to stay in Vienna, and for those who are looking for a special and friendly staff. I personally will stay in “Hotel Corvinus” in the future and advise you to do so without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Sayadi
Reviewed December 14, 2008

On our recent holiday to Eastern European cities, my wife and I spent 4 nights at the Hotel Corvinus in Vienna. We arrived by train from Salzburg, and took the metro from the West Station for 2 stops to within 100 meters of the hotel. Great location on a main shopping street, easy walk to all the sights, and lots of restaurants nearby.
Elevator up to the lobby made it easy with the luggage, spacious and clean room, one of the best breakfasts with excellent service, and Miklos and Zoltan could not have been more pleasant or helpful. We would stay at the Hotel Corvinus on another visit to Vienna.
Ken and Sandra Taylor
Delta, B.C. Canada

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kentaylor
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I wouldn't go there again. Too expensive for what it offers. Water smells mouldy (and so coffee...), the ladies (for breakfast and rooms) don't speak German and as far as I have seen, the rooms in the side corridor are small and noisy. If you have no other choice (this hotel is good only for its position and for its friendly owner), ask for a room in the main corridor.

Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in September 2008. It was a little difficult to locate from the outside, but once we got in we found it to be a nice place. You have to take an elevator to get up to the level of the front desk, but it was nice that they had a hotel staff member on duty 24 hours a day. We had a large double room with private bathroom at the front of the building, with the windows facing onto Mariahilferstrasse (a major shopping street which happens to link the west train station with the old city center). Because we were there at the end of summer, we needed the windows open for circulation (thankfully they provided a fan in the room as well). Yes we did hear a little noise from Mariahilferstrasse, but we were so worn out at the end of each day from sightseeing that we didn't have much trouble falling asleep.

We walked from the west train station to the hotel on the way there but found this to be a little far, so we chose to take the subway on the way back to the train station. The subway stop was very close to the hotel, and we ended up using the system quite a bit during our stay.

The free internet access (wireless LAN) in all rooms was a nice service. I wouldn't say that the breakfast selection wowed me, but I was able to find some cereal, bread, and yogurt so I was perfectly content.

Ideally, I probably would have preferred to stay in the "inner ring" of the city closer to the opera house and other historic sites. However this hotel was such a great value and it was so easy to get around on public transportation, that I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple