All reviewsgreat locationa family run hotelshopping streetstay there againyogurtunderground stationparking garagethree nightswalking distancefree wifireception deskmiklospensionmariahilferstrassecitycheesestops
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I wouldn't go there again. Too expensive for what it offers. Water smells mouldy (and so coffee...), the ladies (for breakfast and rooms) don't speak German and as far as I have seen, the rooms in the side corridor are small and noisy. If you have no other choice (this hotel is good only for its position and for its friendly owner), ask for a room in the main corridor.

Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in September 2008. It was a little difficult to locate from the outside, but once we got in we found it to be a nice place. You have to take an elevator to get up to the level of the front desk, but it was nice that they had a hotel staff member on duty 24 hours a day. We had a large double room with private bathroom at the front of the building, with the windows facing onto Mariahilferstrasse (a major shopping street which happens to link the west train station with the old city center). Because we were there at the end of summer, we needed the windows open for circulation (thankfully they provided a fan in the room as well). Yes we did hear a little noise from Mariahilferstrasse, but we were so worn out at the end of each day from sightseeing that we didn't have much trouble falling asleep.

We walked from the west train station to the hotel on the way there but found this to be a little far, so we chose to take the subway on the way back to the train station. The subway stop was very close to the hotel, and we ended up using the system quite a bit during our stay.

The free internet access (wireless LAN) in all rooms was a nice service. I wouldn't say that the breakfast selection wowed me, but I was able to find some cereal, bread, and yogurt so I was perfectly content.

Ideally, I probably would have preferred to stay in the "inner ring" of the city closer to the opera house and other historic sites. However this hotel was such a great value and it was so easy to get around on public transportation, that I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KansasVacationer
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We had a wonderful 3 night stay in Vienna and couldn't have found a better location. It's in the middle of the action in a great neighborhood. Lots of stores and cafes, and people walking around until late in the night, which made it interesting, but noisy. The room was basic and clean. The breakfast was good. But the best part of this pension was the manager, Miklos. One of the nicest and friendliest you'll meet at any hotel, he is helpful, very welcoming and multilingual. He was a pleasure to see every morning when we had our breakfast and coffee. We enjoyed Vienna and our stay in this pension very much.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2008

My recent stay at this pension was an overall favorable one. The owner / family was very friendly and helpful in providing directions. Breakfast consisted of cold buffet items and included hard boiled eggs, cereals, breads and sliced meats. Coffee was brewed for each table as requested.

We had a standard room; beware that it is quite small. Perhaps superior rooms provide the spaciousness described elsewhere. The room did provide a key operated safe and came with a flat screen tv. The a/c was operated by remote control as it was a unit located above the entry door. We learned quickly that the a/c should be turned off when the room was unoccupied. Bathrooms and bedding were clean but note the bathroom was also quite small. The location was within 1/2 block of a metro stop.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JamesHTexas
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I booked a room for 3 persons with shower/toilet from the hotel's webpage. I was a bit concerned because I never stayed in a pension hotel before.
The location of it is well worth the money and beyond. There is a metro station almost outside of the door. And also it is in the middle of Mariahilfer street.
We arrived in the morning, so we left our laggage for keeping until check in time at noon. (More than enough time to visit Shonbrunn.) Very friendly staff.
At the moment they are renovating but it was not chaotic at all. Our room was much better than I expected. Bathroom new in condition.
The breakfast is in a cosy room with few tables, not much of variety in food but more than enough. Your sereal, bread, cheese, shinken, coffee the lot.
The only think that made us wonder a bit is the fact that they asked us to pay cash instead of giving our visa which they asked for in their emails for confirmation of the reservation.
Just for the location only and the rate I would defenetly go there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple