All reviewsgreat locationa family run hotelshopping streetstay there againyogurtunderground stationparking garagethree nightswalking distancefree wifireception deskmiklospensionmariahilferstrassecitycheesestops
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We had a wonderful 3 night stay in Vienna and couldn't have found a better location. It's in the middle of the action in a great neighborhood. Lots of stores and cafes, and people walking around until late in the night, which made it interesting, but noisy. The room was basic and clean. The breakfast was good. But the best part of this pension was the manager, Miklos. One of the nicest and friendliest you'll meet at any hotel, he is helpful, very welcoming and multilingual. He was a pleasure to see every morning when we had our breakfast and coffee. We enjoyed Vienna and our stay in this pension very much.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 9, 2008

My recent stay at this pension was an overall favorable one. The owner / family was very friendly and helpful in providing directions. Breakfast consisted of cold buffet items and included hard boiled eggs, cereals, breads and sliced meats. Coffee was brewed for each table as requested.

We had a standard room; beware that it is quite small. Perhaps superior rooms provide the spaciousness described elsewhere. The room did provide a key operated safe and came with a flat screen tv. The a/c was operated by remote control as it was a unit located above the entry door. We learned quickly that the a/c should be turned off when the room was unoccupied. Bathrooms and bedding were clean but note the bathroom was also quite small. The location was within 1/2 block of a metro stop.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JamesHTexas
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I booked a room for 3 persons with shower/toilet from the hotel's webpage. I was a bit concerned because I never stayed in a pension hotel before.
The location of it is well worth the money and beyond. There is a metro station almost outside of the door. And also it is in the middle of Mariahilfer street.
We arrived in the morning, so we left our laggage for keeping until check in time at noon. (More than enough time to visit Shonbrunn.) Very friendly staff.
At the moment they are renovating but it was not chaotic at all. Our room was much better than I expected. Bathroom new in condition.
The breakfast is in a cosy room with few tables, not much of variety in food but more than enough. Your sereal, bread, cheese, shinken, coffee the lot.
The only think that made us wonder a bit is the fact that they asked us to pay cash instead of giving our visa which they asked for in their emails for confirmation of the reservation.
Just for the location only and the rate I would defenetly go there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Vana D
Reviewed July 18, 2007

This hotel found me on venere.com after the original booking fell through. I was really surprised, you wouldnt expect much site unseen but the rooms were very clean, very comfortable. nice big shower, big flat screen tv...etc. Its in the heart of the shopping district so its not noisy at night. Not far about 5 min walk to the museum quarter. i liked it.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2007

Stayed here by booking through Venere.com. Lovely, clean room and great location. We booked because we needed air conditioning, due to ill health in some members of our group. Upon arrival, we learned that the air con was an additional 15 euros per day. With the present exchange rate, that is a big increase in the price of the room. As it was very hot in Vienna, at that time, we agreed. When we returned, I contacted Venere.com customer service and was told , quite coldly, that no where in their listing does it say that the air con was free. I have stayed at several other hotels, with the same description on Venere's web site...the air was free as expected. Although the hotel was very nice, good beds, location and very clean; the extra surprising charge has left a bad taste in my wallet. I feel that I can no longer trust Venere.com and will not book with them again. I would stay again at Corvinus but only in cool weather. The staff is very pleasant .

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends