All reviewsgreat locationa family run hotelshopping streetstay there againyogurtunderground stationparking garagethree nightswalking distancefree wifireception deskmiklospensionmariahilferstrassecitycheesestops
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Great location near the U-3 U-bahn line. Although the hotel is well-marked, it's a bit hard to find the entrance and elevator up to the reception area. The room was clean and comfortable, which helps make for an enjoyable stay. WiFi worked well. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. For example, we had an early morning train and the staff had coffee and snacks ready for us before the official breakfast hours. We would definitely stay here again when in Vienna.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The Hotel Corvinus is an excellent family run small hotel-pension. Well located, can walk to all. Parking garage nearby. We found the staff to be particularly friendly and helpful. Owner noticed from my passport that it was my birthday and surprised me at breakfast with a gift- a nice bottle of champagne.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2011

A few areas that impact me from giving a higher rating are the financial practices: 1) I gave 24 hour notice I was checking out a day earlier than planned and they still charged me full day room rate even though I was not staying the night; Then i asked for 50% reduction but they only gave A small reduction because they said I did not tell them far enough in advance. 2) when you check out they do not give you an itemized receipt, rather a total amount for the credit card, so there is no visibility to the charges, even though my charges were correct based upon my stay and what I used.

On the plus side: Excellent WiFi service with great connection for my iPad.  A family run hotel located in the heart of an good shopping district, a 5 minute walk to the Underground subway station, that allows you to go anywhere you want in Vienna. Can walk to the Museum Quarter. Breakfast included in rate, although more European style than your typical continental breakfast in the USA.  You can certainly get to know the staff and they you, good English language skills by the front desk people, who are e owners.  Rick Steves' books recommend this hotel, that's how I picked it, so I would recommend it again, but be sure to stay the time you want and don't check out early.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Walking distance to all. Extremly helpful had problems with airline helped us. Nice clean rooms with air conditioning. Only drawback is to get into your room you have to be buzzed through a hallway door then use your room key.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This hotel is a Rick Steves' choice, and I'm an avid fan of his down to earth travel advice. Hotel Pension Corvinus is a very charming pension run by an even more charming family. I chose this particular hotel because it was the only hotel that met every single meaningful criteria I had set: prime location, affordability, FREE WI-FI, breakfast buffet, and AIR CONDITIONING. Very clean, quiet, secure. As with any large expensive city, our room was a little small because of our limited budget, but the bathroom was large and very well furnished. All in all I highly recommend staying here!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple