“Great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #252 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is situated in near proximity to the center, in very quite area though. As I visited Vienna in one the hottest periods / 40C every day/ my room was good ventilated and looking at the shady court. Bathroom is really nice, and when it comes to the breakfast, is pretty much the same, but fresh and tasty. last but not least, for that price you can enjoy a convenient stay.
For all this reasons I truly recommend Korotan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kalina T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
timisoara
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

+ Double room was great because it was located near the ladder. The bathroom was quite spacious and recently renovated, the towels are white and enough.
The hotel is relatively central, but it is "squeezed" between two older buildings and rooms are so small. In the double room, the furniture was too much. There is a desk (table) with drawers and on it is a TV and a water heating device, but they do not offer any teabags or coffee (unless you buy at the store).
If you stay 2-3 days with a small budget, it is worth you checking in here, but .... for a vacationa, I guess not.
Breakfast is fresh and satisfying for 2-3 days.
The staff is very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are clean enough, even if the mattress and pillows could "refreshed" from time to time.
- I do not think all the rooms are so spacious. At least for the single room and its bathroom is very small.
No hairdryer and the bath products are limited to a universal shampoo and liquid soap. Double room had 2 cabinets that take up almost all the space and could not attach the nightstand to the bed and it was placed in front of a closet. The hotel is not soundproofed, you can hear every movement of the neighbors, further more, there is not a carpet on the wood floor to dampen the noise. If you wish to park your car for 14 euros/24 hours, your car must be the "small"size and you to be a good driver. The gate to the garage is very narrow.

Room Tip: Ask for a double room near the stairs, it is bigger and airy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank andradatimisoara
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Finding the hotel wasn't easy since the closest train station is out of action due to maintenance and repairs, and that was the one I'd recorded in my directions to the hostel. Without the internet on hand I got lost a lot but the locals were helpful enough that I eventually found my way. A bit annoying that no-one answered the concierge speaker phone outside the front foor when I arrived around 9:30pm, so I wandered inside (which, in hindsight, I guess I should have done first off) and found two guys who worked there snacking in the breakfast room. They were very quick about booking me in and helping me to my room. There is an elevator but I can't figure out how to use it and keep forgetting to ask - not a big deal. Breakfast is superb - fresh fruit, bread, condiments and cereal, juice, tea and coffee, water... huge array of meats and cheeses and bread rolls and spreads. I wanted for nothing (except vegemite but that's not a realistic hope). The room is small but comfortable for one person, en suite is great though could use a little better light. Plenty of counter space for your things. Big windows to let a lot of light in. All in all a good place to stay, especially on a backpackers budget!

Room Tip: East facing rooms get a lot of street noise - be wary - though shutting the window does help, it'...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Chanelle38
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Possibly one of the best value hotels we've stayed in. Location is a bit out of the way, but a short walk to the center, or tram is right on the edge of the next street. Not many places worth eating nearby but that's didn't upset us. Staff were really friendly - we arrived too early and they especially found us a clean room to save us waiting for the booked one. Great shower. Quiet rooms. Comfy beds. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure you buy a Wien-Card for the metro before arriving, they had none left on reception.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ash_NPS160
Milos, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have choosen this hotel for one-day business budget trip to Vienna, mainly based on price, wi-fi availability and breakfast. I will agree with another review that I rember reading, about this place reminding a student hall of residence. Simple and practical furniture, a big desk with desk lamp for studying and a single bed.
It was clean, quite, the bathroom was in excellent condition, wi-fi worked perfectly, breakfast was more than descent BUT the bed was not good. Soft, weared out mattress, gave me a sore back after sleeping there, for me this ruined everything else. I am not sure if I will use this hotel again at my next short visit in Vienna, because having a comfortable sleep is very important. I don't know if the double beds are better.

The reception desk was polite, but when I asked for my room to be billed to my company, the system crashed. He asked me to write down my company details so he would try to issue the bill later on. When I checked out next morning and asked for the bill, I saw the piece of paper with my handwritting still in my keyhole. Nice one. I didn't want to miss my flight, the whole cost was low so I didn't bother to insist on the correct invoice.

Well if you like soft matresses, then you are for a good deal!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Korotan has signs in German and Slovenian and there are a number of other hints at a Slovenian connection. It seems to be leaving behind it's hostel/pension background and becoming more like an all purpose hotel. The whole 2nd floor was being upgraded while we were there in Feb 2013. It is decorated in a modern style to a good standard with an excellent foyer overlooked by a small library with computers for guest's use. Buffet breakfast was marked by a good variety and excellent coffee. Clean. Efficient staff with enough English to get by. The WiFi worked for me on the 3rd floor (Android phone and Tablet). Note: password is all lower case and no spaces.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends