All reviews train station short stay in vienna shopping street clean hotel breakfast buffet public transport westbahnhof eur desk ac
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We came to Vienna from Prague and the difference in the price/quality relationship is incredible. Paying more of what we paid in Prague, we stayed in a worst hotel.

The good thing is the location. 10 minutes walking from the center and 5 minutes from the metro.

The hotel is too noisy (I heard slapping doors at least 10 times every night), if your neighbor is watching tv you can listen everything...

We called for an extra blanket and they told us they didn't have... Really?? In a hotel???

The bathrooms are really small...

The breakfast is not bad, but it is also not the best. The restaurant should be open also for lunch.

I would recommend the hotel only as a last resource for one night stay in Vienna near the center of the city.

If you can look for another one, I suggest you do it.

Date of stay: March 2013
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed here in January 2012 for one night as we were passing by Vienna. The hotel is clean and simple and it is 10 min away to the city center by foot (5 min to MariaHilfe). Good shopping location. We paid 70 euros for 2 double rooms which is a bargain compared to other hotels situated in a similar location.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank OanaStatache
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Pros : The location was great,close to mariahilfer street. It's a great shopping area
: tram stop very close to the hotel
: include breakfast
: have a parking lot that's good for the traveller who have a car
: you can left the luggage after you check out

Cons : the room look like a dorm (apartment room:4 beds)

Overall if I go to Vienna ,I will book this hotel again

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Hotel has good location so close to the Mariahilfer Strasse. This is the first and the last positive reason to stay in this hotel. I do not know how this hotel has get 3 stars as soon as this is worst hotel in Europe and USA where I ever has been steayed. There no any noise insulation between rooms so you feel like all your neighbors live, watching TV, taking a shower and using a toilet direct in you room. It’s only possible to sleep if you're really deaf. Internet connection either not worked or worked slow and bad. A lot of young drunk guys on every floor. Frankly speaking this is not a hotel but hostel for teenagers. The price is too high for this type of accommodation.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Kaffeemuhle Hotel has wierd payment practice. After I have settled my account and returned home they charged me additional 200 euro for something that was "broken" in the room. It is unacceptable! Do not leave your credit card number with this people!!!

Date of stay: January 2013