“Excellent”

Ranked #7 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Quincy, Illinois
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in July 2013 I picked it for the tripadvisor reviews and wanted somewhere special for my husbands 60th birthday treat I was not disappointed.
Alex at the front desk was extremely helpful and upgraded us to a larger room. The room was so spacious and every day we had fresh fruit left for us which was a nice gesture. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning worked a treat.
The breakfast was out of this world the men serving and cooking the breakfast were very polite and went out of their way to make everything perfect.
In the afternoon there was beer sparkling wine and a few sandwiches and cake should you need it.
The hotel was very central and within walking distance to St Stephens and the Danube canal for the boat trips the metro was also close by.
I would definately stay here next time I am in Vienna.

Room Tip: read the trip advisor reports
2 Thank 01Freckles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was an excellent choice for our quick one-night stopover in Vienna. I would have loved to have stayed longer. The gentleman who greeted us at the front desk was so nice; he gave us great tips on where to eat and what to do on our short visit, and even upgraded us to a larger room. The room we had was large with the shower/tub right in the bedroom, which we didn’t mind – it’s was a different layout – kind of cool. The windows opened to a quiet street and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast and locations are the two main highlights of this place, though. The breakfast was really exceptional – fresh and delicious – with Viennese egg, bread, spreads, meats, cheese, and fresh juices. The location can’t be beat if you want to be close to all the sights and lots of good shopping/restaurants. Would definitely recommend this place to travelers who are looking for a great boutique hotel in a central location.

1 Thank SouthernCross99
Ra'anana, Israel
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is located at a very good quite spot at the historic center of Vienna (the area is also one of the liveliest spots, with many restaurants). While the price wasn't cheap (we took the large room), we felt we got really good value for our money, with a very thoughtfully and nicely designed big room, a comfortable bed, a huge bath, all the regular stuff, and even some fresh fruit every morning. We stayed with a baby, and a baby crib with a doll as well as a diaper changing area was waiting in our room. The room air conditioner was really weak, and the room got rather hot, but we did visit during an unusual heat wave, and there about 4 air conditioners in the whole of Vienna. The staff were really great, always courteous, and helpful, especially during the breakfast. The breakfast was really something, with several great courses, changing every day. It was a great fun, and in a level that wouldn't shame many gourmet restaurants. During the day, the staff also provides snacks from 14:00 to 18:00 which includes cold beers, sparkling wine, and mini sandwiches and cakes (though these get eaten quickly and not necessarily replenished). There is also a mini spa at the hotel, with one treadmill, a sauna and showers.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the bath
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Barakss
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a fantastic boutique-style hotel located very centrally in Vienna, with all the main attractions nearby or easily accessible by the metro. When I first checked in, the room I was given was a little small for my liking, but Alex at the front desk was quick to move me to a bigger room when I made mention of it, and without any fuss. The hotel rooms are modern with iPhone docks and other nice amenities. The bed is comfortable but I found their pillows a little soft (I always bring my own pillow when I travel for this reason). The room was nice and quiet too, ensuring a good night's sleep.

If there was to be only one reason to stay here, it's for the included breakfast. This has got to be the most amazing included breakfast I have EVER had in a hotel, and I've done some travelling. The service in the restaurant was fantastic and personalised, and the food they offer is simply spectacular!

The front desk staff were also very helpful and accommodating with virtually any request. My only concern is that the front desk is not available 24 hours a day (they go home at 9pm). If you lose your key you have to call a number to get back in to your room. That's the only negative thing about this hotel; everything else was fantastic.

I highly recommend this hotel and I would like to thank Alex and the rest of the staff at the front desk and also those in the restaurant for the excellent service I received during my three-night visit.

Room Tip: Request a larger room when you book.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike R
melbourne
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff are friendly and helpful. We had an XL room which was spacious with a very comfortable bed. The bath in the room looked great but was not easy to climb into/out of to shower. The lounge area was not very comfortable & there are no bar facilities. The front desk was unattended after 8.30pm so no staff were available to help you.The location made getting around Vienna easy & there were many good restaurants nearby.The breakfast was tasty but too slow with lots of orders forgotten. Some mornings we had to ask three times for our food. The snacks provided in the afternoon was a great idea unfortunately we went just after some very hungry & thirsty guests & nothing was available.

1 Thank oscarq
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our two teenagers and thought it was great. The family suite was large. It's very close to all the major city center sights. They have chefs cooking made to order breakfasts and a tiny theater where they show movies along with fresh popcorn every night. Vienna itself was beautiful and a real treat.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Greg G
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed July 25, 2013

it is in a great location, clean, friendly staff, great design and unique atmosphere. I have been into many boutique hotels and this is one that exceeds my expectations. the breakfast was indeed unique,personal and very articulate-great morning environment,peaceful.

the staff is friendly , the hotel clean and peaceful

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends