“Lost in translation”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leopoldstadt
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Our second visit to this Spanish/Viennese fusion restaurant. Their new menu was not complete in English, so I did what I could to help earning a free peppermint tea!
My starter was a shrimp and chorizo salad with leaves and baby tomatoes - perhaps a new variant on surf & turf. The accompanying vinaigrette was delicious. The main course was more traditional, duck breast on red cabbage with chive spaetzli and baby roast onions. The duck was cooked to perfection if you like your meat rare, which I do.
Not smart, almost industrial and you cannot be in a hurry as the dishes are cooked to order. Reasonably priced wines, don't know about desserts, two dishes was enough for me.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews on TA and went here with my parents. We really liked it. It is slightly informal but quite funky, food is a fusion of Spanish and Austrian, interesting menu and good value for money. Good experience.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Great Casual restaurant! Great service. Great value. Feels like a local neighbourhood with 5 star food!!! Add it to your list of places to eat.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a relaxing evening out at Hans im Gluck. In the vienna world of schnitzel this is a Mediterranean oasis. It combines food of quality offered in top end restaurants in a most relaxing and unpretentious environment. We all had soups for starters (strongly recommended in cold vienna). All three soups we tried were rewarding. The mains were all divine. Try the salmon roll in nori tempura. Just superb! The salvini fish was excellent. We had a beautiful riesling bio wine for approx 20 euro a bottle. Then the desserts... The leche frita was unique and the chocolate cake delicious. Service was easy going and friendly. Feels at home. Prices modest. I recommend it highly.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Wow, five star food without the five star price. My girlfriend and I booked the restaurant on a guide book recommendation, it turned out to be the best booking we made in Vienna. Short but excellent menu. The service was warm, welcoming and knowledgeable and the food was divine. We hope to do it again on our our next visit to Vienna.