“Average”

ON Market
Ranked #535 of 4,161 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai, Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Mariahilf
“Average”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

It's an ok place , the food is tasty enough but nothing special . Out of the few dishes we have had , the duck ( mango and lemon) was the best . Not sure I will go back there though , once is enough

• Visited August 2013

• Finnish first
Vienna, Austria
“good food...but don't ask about the staff...”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

was my third visit at on market the other day - never wanna give up to believe in something good, you know!;-)
food is really nice, had a breakfast with omelet, wok vegetables & fish tartare (no carbs at the moment). good quality, especially the fish tartare with pickled raddish was delicious
BUT: third time at this place, third time the service was a disappointment! why are there so many waiters behind the bar talking, drinking coffee but ignoring the guests? why is it impossible to bring two alike breakfasts at the same time (happend at my second visit)? if you are into asian food and you enjoy having a good and healthy breakfast (nice sausages, jams...) - this would be a good place - but not as long as the service is that bad!!

• Visited August 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food okay, service horrible”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

after a walk through the famous nashmarket I saw this stylish restaurant. Since I like asian food I walked in and have to say I am a little bit disappointed. Worst service in Vienna and overpriced for what they offer. Heard it was opened from a very famous chinese cook but couldnt really tell, food was mediocore and not overwhelming. Music too loud and the restaurant had no atmosphere at all. There are way better asian restaurants in Vienna.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DavidLK88
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Lot of hype about this place even before it opened 3-4 months ago. We live close by so had to try it, but after the first rush was over. Went about a month ago and thought it was quite good - a little bit different from the usual Asian fare but nothing to rave about. Three of us went again last night and must say we were disappointed. They are trying to be different but with very mixed, if not mediocre, results. The Coconut chicken mushroom curry was bland and the "Japanese style fish and chips" was basically a selection of fish/veg tempura ...with boiled rice!? The lamb osso buco was quite good. Portions are small and prices quite high for Vienna. Atmosphere is good though the noise from the street can get a bit overwhelming. Service was good. I really wanted to like this place but on the basis of this visit I don't think I would recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tad P
Rome, Italy
“No service, no proper feedback”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was with my family back in Vienna and the Concierge of our hotel suggest us the new restaurant close to the Naschmarkt. So after our walk of the market we found a table on the terracce in the afternoon.
It was kind of quite so I was even more surprised that it was impossible to get the attention of the service staff.
I walked to the restaurant entrance to ask for an english menu which was not available but I could see that the restaurant had more service staff than a fine dining restaurant but still nobody approached us so we left after 15 minutes trying to get service.
I would have loved to talk about the food, but unfortunately we didn't get the chance.
But there is definately no 2nd try