“Posh place too close to the Naschmarkt to be very valuable” 3 of 5 bubbles

ON Market
Ranked #527 of 4,075 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai, Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mariahilf
Bremen, Germany
“Posh place too close to the Naschmarkt to be very valuable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We didn't have a bad time at ON Market. We were a big group of work colleagues who had to be split to 2 tables because appearantly, with someone coming a bit later, we lost the right to our big reserved table. I didn't really understand this, since we would be eating and drinking the whole evening so it's not like they would be out of work.

We had various Vorspeisen, both with fish and meat, and then everyone ordered a main course. I had a Tempura and the Tokyo Heilbutt, which were very tasty in my opinion, just a tad too expensive though (and there wasn't even many vegetables with it). Then a selection of very good desserts.

The service wasn't bad, just a bit slow at the beginning (I arrived late and it took a while before I could order a drink), but then the nice waiters kept taking care of us.

A couple of colleagues were sick the day after. One of them had the sushi, I am not sure that was the reason why she was sick, but she said it could have been. My food was good and I didn't have any problems with it.

The main thing is, this place is close to the Naschmarkt, where people can have awesome food (also fish) at more reasonable prices... So this one doesn't make very much sense. On the other hand, it is elegant and classy, so maybe this could be a reason why to go (and you pay a bit for the elegance also).

• Visited May 2013