Lowest prices for your stay
$91
$99
Priceline
$84
Hotels.com$99
Travelocity$99
Official Site$87
2,851 results
All reviews train station modern hotel great hotel minute walk separate toilet would stay here again comfortable room city centre convenient location nice breakfast reception staff public transport sauna supermarket pillows wifi stops
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2019

Everything was great. The room was nicely setup. Very modern and comfortable. Location very close to the main train terminal. Staff very helpful. The only issue I had was with the internet connection. It kept dropping ...

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank acangarlu
AndreasPurtscher, Manager at Hotel Zeitgeist Vienna Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Dear guest,

thumbs up and many thanks for your great feedback! We love receiving 5 stars from our guests :)
Hope to see you real soon.

All the best and sunny greetings from Vienna

Reviewed April 30, 2019

good solution and good services if you want to visit vienna in family. rooms clean and comfortable with all the facilities you need. only few metres fom hauptbanhof and subway. lots of shops anf restaurants inside the station.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Minomoni

Dear Minomoni,

thanks for taking the time to review. Great to hear you loved our location so close to the main train station.
Looking forward to have you back!

Best,

Reviewed April 29, 2019

Walking distance from train station. There is a stop from the hop on-hop of bus very near. Restaurant has a varietay of food that I enjoyed. The personel is very kind and supportive, they helped us with the general tips about the city.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank TrailBlazer829918
AndreasPurtscher, Manager at Hotel Zeitgeist Vienna Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Dear guest,

I was pleased to read your review and I’m happy that you had a fantastic stay at Zeitgeist Vienna. Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation!

Kind regards and hope to see you soon,

Reviewed April 27, 2019

Next stop Vienna, a short 3-4 minute walk from Vienna Hbf in an area that is subject to lots of development and new office blocks, very clean and safe.

Check in was disappointing, I was asked for my hotel travel voucher which I did not have. I had the booking reference and the confirmation number but this was not good enough. I explained that I had never been asked to provide this before, ever. There was initial insistence but I simply did not have it, albeit my booking was on the hotel system! At no point was I asked to provide credit card details or my passport, a very odd and unnecessary stand off which could have tainted the trip.

Anyway, eventually got to my room and the fuss from just a moment ago passed. These rooms are clean, bright and excellently designed in a very modern, crisp style. The bathroom is amazing and there is a sliding door to separate the large wet room from the bedroom but not the bathroom from the corridor, relative privacy is achievable. Functional separate toilet, desk, stationary etc. Room at the front facing the Fire Station but again a very quiet night.

Garden/play area to the rear of the bar/restaurant with kids play areas, parasols, deck chairs and the like.

Bar service excellent and a very busy restaurant, 'Pergola'. Compact but excellent menu and great food. Small mezzanine library area with first floor bathrooms, clean and well serviced.

Continental breakfast served in the second floor breakfast room where there are also smaller (meeting) rooms available for pre booking (I assume). Very busy but well serviced, again there seemed to be a few large parties during my stay.

The location, whilst great for the station and business is a little far out for walking tourists although excellent links are available at the station just short walk away. There is a supermarket close by but the opening hours are not late.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 194nickh

Dear Nick,

first we'd like to say thank you for your great review and for taking the time to inform other travellers about your stay.

Sorry for the misunderstandings at the check-in. I hope you accept my sincere apologies. That's not the way it should be, you're right. We will definitely work on that and improve our handling.

Thanks for all the other great compliments. It was a pleasure to have you here and my team and I hope to have you back in the house soon again.

All the best and kind regards

Reviewed April 27, 2019

The hotel is nicely placed very close to the Central Station, 5 minutes walk.
I read from some other comments that it was "far" from the center. Do not be misled by those comments. It is 5-10 minutes by train/metro from the usual visiting spots (Belvedere, Museums Quarter, Schwedenplatz).
It is not right at the center if that is what you are looking for, however it is in a quiet zone, easily accessible from everywhere thanks to being next to the Central Station.

The hotel has a modern look, the room was really nice and comfortable and the breakfast, as mentioned by other people, quite nice. It is around 16 EUR, which I won't comment on being expensive or cheap, as it will depend on each one.
Staff was nice and attentive.

Overall I think that it was a really good choice, highly recommended.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Voyager50929774865

Dear Voyager,

thanks for calling us a "really good choice" and for highly recommending our hotel. That makes us really happy.

You're right, we're not far from the center. It exactly as you describe it: 5 minutes from the metro and then a few minutes to get directly to Stephansplatz - the center of the city. The underground U1 goes directly from Hauptbahnhof to Stephansplatz without changing to another underground/tram etc.

Our breakfast buffet with organic, local and home-made specials is definitely worth the price.
Thank you so much again for your compliments.

We highly recommend you to come back in future again and again. It will always be a pleasure for us to welcome you at Zeitgeist Vienna! :)

Best regards