“friendly service, a wide variety of dishes and wonderful food.”
Review of Apollon

Apollon
Ranked #1,176 of 4,417 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: Ottakring
Neighborhood: Ottakring
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were looking for a restaurant near to the Senator hotel and found that the one recommended was closed that evening. The Apollon was nearby and it turned out to be a real find. I had the Artemis meal and my husband the Apollo, although we couldn't discover how they differed. English isn't really spoken and some at least of the waiters seem actually to be Greek. It may be that the cuisine was Greek adapted to Austrian tastes, but it was quite delightful, whatever it was. There were lots of different dishes on the menu and we had chosen things that we understood in German. The Artemis consisted of three lamb cutlets, very delicately sauced and perfectly cooked, with a skewer of chicken pieces and some sliced pork, tzatziki salad and vegetables.Although this sounds like a huge meal it was cooked so that the meat fell off the bone and melted in the mouth. It wasn't expensive either, and we were given complimentary glasses of raki to begin with. Throughly recommended and a great change from schnitzel.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Apollon is in a great location and the service was excellent. My son loved their bisteca and my daughter, the vegetarian platter. I had the souvlaki which I felt was a little bland. My only criticism was that the place takes credit card but the machine was down that day. I felt that the waiter should have said something at the beginning of the meal but then again, I didn't ask. All in all, it was a nice place to relax.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very tasty food, traditional Greek kitchen, delicious plates, nice garden, authentic Greek hospitality, variety of Greek and other Mediterranean recipes and wines together with the option of selecting Austrian dishes well cooked and served.
N. Grigoriadis
Thessaloniki

Reviewed April 4, 2013

What we liked was the very good traditional Greek food, reasonable prices, really good service (the staff were efficient and attentive, without being intrusive) and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere. When we were there they played traditional Greek music which we also like.
It is also good for those who are really hungry... the meals were big!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just had an excellent dinner and want to thank the staff and chef for their professionalism. In particular we want to compliment Panos...he even knows the Greek alphabet....and has a wonderful personality which added greatly to our enjoyment of our evening out. Thank you Panos and all.
Restaurant was a joy to visit, we felt we got great value and service was excellent. We will be returning.......