I've stayed here several times when visiting Vienna for business or pleasure. I've always found it to be a well-run place, with hospitable staff and everything you'd expect from an Ibis - no frills, but everything you really need at a reasonable price. No fridge or safe in the rooms, but that's the same with all Ibis hotels. Breakfast is simple but adequate - the usual selection with a couple of hot options (scrambled eggs and sausages). As far as I can tell the hotel is completely non-smoking. The wifi (free of charge) has always worked fine when I've been there.
The location gives easy access by car, and there's a biggish underground garage (11 Euros a night). It's half way between two tube stops, about 10 mins walk from either. Although not exactly in the city centre, it's not far - just two or three tube stops or about a half-hour walk (the route takes you through the Naschmarkt food market, which is a proper foodie experience). It's also just a couple of stops from Schonbrunn palace, if you like that kind of thing. There are a couple of supermarkets nearby, plus a pleasant pub just a short walk away (heading towards the "Gurtel" ring road) and a few restaurants. The area seems safe enough - the nearby Gurtel has a reputation as a red light district, but it's only sleazy by Vienna standards, which means not actually very sleazy at all.
The rooms at the rear of the hotel are noisier because they face onto an overground section of the tube line and a very busy main road leading from central Vienna out into the suburbs. The street-facing rooms at the front are quieter. But having said that, if you keep the window closed you shouldn't be disturbed even at the rear side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let's roll! The ibis Wien City hotel is conveniently located between 2 subway stations. The city center, main train station, Schönbrunn Palace, Naschmarkt and the Theater an der Wien are within easy reach, as well as many other destinations in the city on the Danube. Ideal for city breaks, as well as for business trips and conferences. Park your car in the hotel garage for a fee. All 94 rooms at the reasonably priced City hotel in Vienna are contemporary and comfortable, with free WIFI. Mr Guenter SEMLER, the manager of the ibis Wien City hotel, would like to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ibis Wien City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Wien Schoenbrunnerstrasse Hotel Vienna
- Ibis Hotel Vienna
- Ibis Hotel Wien Schoenbrunnerstrasse