“Nice ambiance! Amazing Andalusian food in Vienna!”

Lola Spanisches Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 4,390 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We came to the bar thanks to tripadvisor we found out nice people and super great food! Worth to visit!!!

2  Thank Mafebsa

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We saw on TA that this restaurant was rated very high in Vienna and since we love tapas, we had to give it a try. We ordered 4 different tapas but it was definitely not what we expected. The quality of the food was a bit disappointing considering the high rating. For example, tuna out of a can? Come on...

The food wasn’t very fresh and the tapas weren’t creative or appealing. The wine selection was limited but the local white was very nice. Service was friendly but definitely not quick. If you like tapas like we do, you’ll be disappointed with this restaurant.

1  Thank mrstats69
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stopped into Lola's after a day wandering around Vienna. All we wanted was a glass of a nice Spanish Tempranillo. We proceeded to order some olives with the wine, then some tapas, then some more wine and then some more tapas. It turned out to be a marvellous evening. Seven different dishes, seven sets of oohs and aahs! The food and service were wonderful and the wine offered some exceptional choices. It was nice to get away form the heavy Viennese cooking for an evening. We would highly recommend Lola's for a different style of Viennese evening.

1  Thank juannyjoe
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Located in the historical 1st district of Vienna, this brand new Spanish restaurant will delight all its visitors with a cosy atmosphere, an excellent service and, of course, dishes that will make you forget you are 2.000 km away from Spain.

The daily menu includes typical and well done spanish specialities at a reasonable price. I orederes a very tasty "sopa de picadillo" and "patatas a la riojana" which reminded me the dish you can try in Spain. This restaurant also offers a wide selection of Spanish wines, and the desserts have nothing to envy to the spanish home-made ones. I especially recommend "leche frita" ("fried milk").

To sum up, I recommend this restaurant to people who enjoy a good spanish meal and want something different in the city of Schnitzel.

2  Thank Pedro M
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I made reservations at Lola based on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed! The restaurant is unassuming yet tasteful in decor and small, so we wondered if the food was really as good as everyone said. And yes it was. I ordered a potato, egg, and prosciutto offering, which sounds like breakfast, but the potatoes were amazing -- thin, crisp, a little salty. We went back the next night so I could have the same meal. The chocolate dessert was delicious, a cake with the center infused with warm chocolate. I wanted a Pino Grigio glass of wine, which is hard to get by the glass in Eastern Europe, and the young waiter made sure I had some. He (a graduate student getting his PhD) was most gracious. Unlike other tapas restaurants, which offer many small meals, the offerings here are sizeable enough so you don't have to order five dishes to feel satisfied. Wish this restaurant were in my home town.

3  Thank Jennifer W