“Wifey and I enjoyed 2 meals in 24 hours...Yummy!”
Review of Joma

Joma
Ranked #139 of 4,477 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I are on an average Globus tour that gets better because of tripadvisor. We went to Joma's twice within 24 hours, so please CHECK THE PICS I POSTED. First, we went for dinner and we sat ourselves down at around 5pm or so. We are both American and usually wait for seating, but in Europe they seem to allow people to just seat themselves. The service was quick and we quickly ordered starters since we were starving: pita with hummus. I ordered two mango smoothies (they aren't tall classes like in America, so just be aware) and large still water. We then ordered our entrees: I got grilled Salmon and the wife got risotto butterfish. Butterfish we've had in Hawaii so my wife was pleasantly surprised to see it on the menu in Vienna. Salmon was great and had a nice crunchiness to the skin. A bit salty with the soy sauce over the vegetables that come with the fish. My wife loved her butterfish better than my salmon. Then we ended with blueberry cheesecake and crème brulee for the wife. She said it tasted just a bit weird since it was burnt, but enjoyed it thoroughly. The cheesecake is no cheesecake factory slice, but was very yummy! We take two waters to go. All this ran us 86 USD...(something like 70 Euro or so).

Day 2: We go back there for lunch and have a different waiter this time. We order oriental burritos and they taste fresh with all the vegetables and sauce that comes with it. The wife orders ravioli with asparagus and prosciutto and I order sea bass. The fish always seems to come with some vegetables. The sauce was really great and I enjoyed it even better than the salmon. We quickly downed all this food (check the pics for proof!) Service is still pretty quick even though there are only 6 people in the restaurant. It took about 15 minutes or so both times we were here for the food to come out. Finally, here comes the best part: dessert! THE APPLE STREUDEL IS TO DIE FOR! Yum! I had the banana sorbet since the waiter told me the Spanish chocolate donut they didn't have. This was great on a hot summer day and I really enjoy the yummy flavor. The bill came to 10 bucks less than yesterday: 76 USD. THE BILL INCLUDES A CHARGE FOR THE SERVICE; I think 10 percent or so. You don't need to add anything extra if you don't want to. BTW, we sat inside due to air conditioning, but you can always sit outside as well. You should know people smoke so even if you sit inside you may inhale some secondhand smoke.

We would recommend this place to our friends on tripadvisor and we would go back if it still exists 10 years from now. Haha! Thank you Joma!

1  Thank Jay D

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Recommendable place. We enjoyed the evening there. Love the oriental Hugo drink.
Will surly go back. We had spicy beef salad and goat cheese salad that was just excellent. We also tried the apple strudel reloaded, which was also nice.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at Joma after dinner. Good place for drinks and desert. Apple shtrudel reloaded is to die for! Prices are average. Decor is nice inside and outside seating is on beautiful Vienna square. Recommended.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The look an feel of this restaurant says it all. In addition to very cool decor the service was superb and I loved the croque Madame. You can't go wrong here and if I return to Vienna ill eat here

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

A fairly good place at the heart of Vienna. Friendly waitresses and good food - safran risotto, tuna tartar. However the manager ruined everything by telling us off in a very rude way for smoking cigarillos which other guests were doing as well in the restaurant's smoking area. He had a point - but the way and tone of his voice and body language was unacceptable.

1  Thank ricodefaria