TripAdvisor
Vienna
Post
Inbox
Search

“Excellent dairy food in Vienna”
Review of Novellino

Novellino
Ranked #1,112 of 5,221 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian, Israeli
Neighborhood: Leopoldstadt
Neighborhood: Leopoldstadt
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Outstanding pasta, fish, salad, and desserts. Nice décor. Good service. Highly recommended for excellent kosher dairy food in Vienna.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank I1560SDandrewe
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed July 4, 2016

Good pizza, especially the salad pizzas! Crispy and thin with lots of flavour. Main dishes are a little on the pricey side but its okay compared to most kosher restaurants Ive been at. Very nice, polite and helpful staff. My friend is celiac and they accommodated her needs very well.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed March 28, 2016

We just wanted a good pizza. We looked at Eatalico but it was full so found this place round the corner. It is more cafe style than restaurant but very clean and had a friendly welcome with staff speaking good english. My husband had a pizza verdure. Good crust with a much better selection of vegetables on than is usual. Well cooked. I had a salad pizza - tuna salad with excellent quality fresh ingredients wrapped inside a pizza crust. It was delicious. Perfect food for vegetarians or just salad lovers. The restaurant also had what looked like a really interesting selection of fish dishes. Had we been staying longer we'd have gone back and tried these. This restaurant gave me a really good feeling about its cleanliness and approach to cooking. Though we are not jewish we were made to feel very welcome and thoroughly enjoyed our first kosher meal - wish I could find one near to home; I'd be a regular! Recommended for pizza/pasta lovers or fish lovers.

Date of visit: March 2016
2  Thank ukholidaymaker85
Reviewed August 19, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I went there for lunch and were very impressed. The food was really good, the staff was friendly, and the place was clean and comfortable.

The menu offers a wide variety of dishes, including salads, soups, pastas, pizzas, calzones and various fish options. It also has a beautiful selection of cakes. In the evening they also offer sushi. We shared a pizza and lentil soup and both were very tasty.

My only complaint is that when we asked for a milk shake (which was on the menu) they told us they had no ice cream. Personally, it really upsets me when a restaurant does not have items available that are on their menu.

Overall I would say this is an excellent choice for a kosher dairy meal, or to sit for a dessert an coffee.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed August 2, 2015

Food was of good quality, hot and tasty. The staff were very friendly and the service great. Perhaps a little on the noisy side but all in all very good.

Date of visit: July 2015