“Excellent, just feel short of being perfect! ”
Review of Mini

Mini
Ranked #6 of 4,417 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mariahilf
Description: The Mini is a perfect combination from Bistro, Restaurant, Wine Bar, Cocktail Bar, and Smooth Jazz Lounge. The friendly and elegant atmosphere you will be received by Hungarian hospitality and a touch of casual elegance, so whether you want to enjoy the internationally inspired Hungarian cuisine, the fine large wine selection or the perfect cocktail.Sandor Novak's vision is to enable use with a professional to enjoy all the senses, and so every night to provide a unique and excellent experience for every guest.
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We called in on a Thursday evening around 7pm without a reservation and got our pick of tables, although I wouldn't leave it any later as it did start to get busy.
The waiter was very welcoming and helpful, especially when the it came to picking the wine. He was attentive without being over the top and nothing was an issue.
The only criticism we had (which is small) - I got the pork medallions for main and as much as it was beautifully cooked the portion was very small compared to the beef cheek my partner ordered and the creme brulee was a little more "custard tart" than flambéed dessert.
We did get a free cocktail which was very refreshing and a lovely touch. I would rate it 4.5 stars if I could, we'll worth the visit!

1  Thank Kyle R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,602)

Reviewed February 27, 2014

At the time of our booking The Mini was rated the Tripadvisor number 1 restaurant in Vienna so obviously our expectations were extremely high. Space as the name suggests is at a premium and our table was very cramped which was unfortunate considering we had booked well in advance.

The meal was reasonable but certainly not quite at the level I had expected. That is not necessarily the fault of the restaurant but more to do with a lot of overly enthusiastic Tripadvisor reviews. Staff are friendly and do a professional job. Expect to pay over €100 for two people for a three course meal with wine.

The Mini was one of our better Vienna experiences but did not live up to it's very generous Tripadvisor rating. I find it increasingly annoying that Tripadvisor ratings go straight from Average to Very Good. Whatever happened to a Good rating which is what I would have given this restaurant. It is better than average but based on my experience it was not very good. I have therefore been generous with my rating!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were staying in the Webgasse en I looked on the internet to find a nice restaurant. We decided to walk the opposite way from what we had done the previous nights - not towards the Mariahilfestrasse but away from it. And how lucky did we get! We found Mini by accident, and although we were the only guests still went in. It was very quiet and we do not know why - maybe wrong time on a Sunday evening. The food was superb, very high quality and made with a lot of attention. The waiter was also very friendly, the wine was good .... very good night altogether!

1  Thank vosdiana
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The staff in Mini are very proud Hungarians and the food reflects that. The wine list is also mainly Hungarian - and we four 50+ English diners were sceptical, but were won round by the quality. The head waiter suggested wines to match our food and allowed us to taste. Absolutely excellent! The food was outstanding, the staff attentive. Hard to find fault.

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed February 18, 2014

been here before for dinner which was fantastic.lunch was a set menu special for friday really nice and tasty and great value for money.will be going back again!

1  Thank Jackie J