“Worth while”

Ranked #5 of 4,389 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mariahilf
Description: The Mini is a perfect combination from Bistro, Restaurant, Wine Bar, Cocktail Bar, and Smooth Jazz Lounge. The friendly and elegant atmosphere you will be received by Hungarian hospitality and a touch of casual elegance, so whether you want to enjoy the internationally inspired Hungarian cuisine, the fine large wine selection or the perfect cocktail.Sandor Novak's vision is to enable use with a professional to enjoy all the senses, and so every night to provide a unique and excellent experience for every guest.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Excellent restaurant, made to feel very welcome. Food was fantastic and fairly priced. So pleased we found this place, would not of been able to had we not looked on here. I was unfortunately a bit ill while in vienna, however the bartender was happy to make me hot toddies (hot rum) to sooth my throat :) they helped a lot! Recommend to all.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

By now you all know how competitive Trip Advisor can be. People stuffing ballot boxes or flaming a restaurant to drop its ranking in their city. Perhaps I'm paranoid because we visited Vienna and had our best meal at Mini. The ambience, service and food were all a cut above. And a slew of bad trip advisor press has dropped the restaurant's ranking, I see. From #2 to #4.

In fact, there are so many restaurants in Vienna and most are mediocre. New Italian "chains" moving in with so-so food and old chestnuts serving boring "Weinersnitchel" that is fine but not superior.

So it makes sense that this little gem of a place a bit further out from the tourist city center would be getting bashed for being different. It's small, intimate and serving exciting Austro-Hungarian Fusion -- if there is such a thing. Our waiter started us off with a Tocai and then proceeded to explain the way through the small but exciting menu. He started us off with a foie gras that the chef created for us in the moment to match our wine. It was delicious and the portion was the most generous of the"now-banned-in California Goose Liver I've ever had. I followed that up with leg of pig. An adventurous cut for me. It was delicious.

My husband had a safe cut of steak which was also fantastic and during dessert the owner came in and right check on the guests to make sure they were enjoying themselves. He brought out some of his top shelf rum from Argentina, I think it was, to share with us. And it was delicious. Chocolatey and smooth and great with our coffee (melange) and wonderful ice cream.

I am slightly paranoid, I admit, about social media and how it can be used or misused to promote wrongfully or even undermine competitors. I thought I'd weigh in and try to correct some misperceptions. It wouldn't be the first time that there was some conspiracy afoot in the Empire!

W. Scheffer
Co-Creator of Big Love & Getting Onon HBO or Sky Atlantic

1  Thank Cooper G
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The mushroom and the fish soup were absolutely great. The main course was good also. We had a table in the basement - and the ambience was nice and cousy. The service was a little slow. Good place to eat.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I went there with friends because it was highly recommended by tripadvisor. The Mini is spacewise what the name says: a really small restaurant and bar with only a few tables. They have a small but excellent menu and excellent staff. We had a real excellent everning. I can only recommend Mini.

1  Thank ArnoldN
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I went to have lunch yesterday. The waiter is a very friendly funny guy who can recommend and explain about the food nicely in English. The food is creative and delicious. We ordered the filet of Halibut, yummy!! Then we can't resist to try the Chocolate Souffle...heaven...