“Amazing!”

Ranked #8 of 4,475 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mariahilf
Description: The Mini is a perfect combination from Bistro, Restaurant, Wine Bar, Cocktail Bar, and Smooth Jazz Lounge. The friendly and elegant atmosphere you will be received by Hungarian hospitality and a touch of casual elegance, so whether you want to enjoy the internationally inspired Hungarian cuisine, the fine large wine selection or the perfect cocktail.Sandor Novak's vision is to enable use with a professional to enjoy all the senses, and so every night to provide a unique and excellent experience for every guest.
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We arrived following TA rating to this cozy little place, there was no room in the main hall so we were suggested a place in the wine cellar which was very nice and private.
The water, Geze, was a real professional suggesting food and drinks (wine which was very good and matched the food perfectly), making small talk and giving us the feeling we are in good hands.
The food was... in one word - PERFECT, the soup (consomne with nudles), the seabass my gf had and the fillet minion which I ordered were all the tastiest food we had in a while (the best in Vienna for sure) and the chili chocolate sufle made a perfect ending.
The most recommended place in Vienna!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,638)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have never written a review on the internet, but my wife and I were just in Vienna for our honeymoon last week. It was a rainy Friday night, but our last night in town, so we didn't want to just order room service and stay in. I looked up top restaraunts in Vienna on TA, and Mini was #1 on the list. It was pretty late and we didn't have a reservation, and we couldn't walk to get there due to the rain. So we hopped in a Taxi and crossed our fingers we could get a table once we got to Mini. Mini is small and quaint and it was very busy when we got there, however, we were asked if we wanted to sit downstairs or we could wait for a table upstairs. We said sure, why not, lets sit downstairs. Best decision we made all night, because downstairs, was a 150 yr old wine cellar under the city that we got to dine in. It looked like a converted war bunker. It was a really nice touch to our night and very different and unique for us. We ordered appetizers, entrees and desert, along with 2 drinks each. The price in Euros was the best we had seen anywhere in the city and the food was excellent (Hungarian and International flair). We told the staff we had seen the restaraunt on TA, and the owner, Alex, personally came down and hung out with us for a bit. Wonderful guy and his family, who was also there, were wonderful too. We felt right at home and stayed for a while, just chatting with them and learning more about the business, Alex and his family, and the city. I would recommend Mini to anyone traveling to or through Vienna. Best dining experience we had in the city. Thanks for a great experience Alex!

Jason and Elizabeth S.
S. Florida

Reviewed May 13, 2013

What a fantastic restaurant! We ate here on a Friday night and had a lovely time. We were able to try different wines before each course and choose the one that we liked best. The wine selection is excellent, and the menu has loads of different options. Have already receomded this to a number of friends and will be returning myself soon!!!!!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

What an exceptional find. Normally don't write to any blog with positive reviews because opinions differ but Mini is the exception. Great atmosphere, great food, great wine selection and great service. We have already booked another night while we are here.

1  Thank sandra r
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was only in Vienna for one evening and night and, having seen the reviews on TA, made the 15 minute walk from my hotel. I was welcomed by the charming owner, Sandor Novak, who was most attentive. He gave me three excellent (and cheap) Hungarian wines to taste, of which I chose a lovely cab sauv. A complimentary duck rillette and good bread were served before the one dish I ordered which was imaginative and beautifully cooked and presented - a chicken breast which had been stuffed with a mousse of chicken and basil, resting on a STRAWBERRY risotto. Sounds odd? Really worked! A lovely evening and I'm only sorry I don't know if I shall ever be able to return. This place deserves to succeed. Do go. It's very affordable and I can't believe you won't all be delighted.