“Loved the food, and the atmosphere!”
Review of Restaurant Marks

Restaurant Marks
Ranked #68 of 4,581 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, International, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Neubau
Description: Betriebsurlaub bis 06.August MOMENTAN GESCHLOSSEN - CLOSED FOR HOLLIDAYS
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We booked a reservation online weeks before arriving in Vienna and the process was smooth.
The restaurant itself is charming and quirky and feels very hip. Had it been warmer, we would have really enjoyed dining on the patio in this trendy neighbourhood. Service was good, though the servers were not as attentive as they perhaps should have been (the chef/owner? actually checked on us at one point). And the meal - we split a salad with goat's cheese and each got the hamburger - loved it! The salad was bright and flavourful, though thankfully it was not the high point of the meal. A burger done well is a testament to the kitchen's capabilities, and this one did not disappoint. It was tender and messy and just plain finger-licking good.
Good value and friendly service. We'd go back in a heartbeat next time in Vienna.

2  Thank Angela H

Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you're looking for a place to grab a bite before a show at the Stadthalle, then go here. If you are tired of the limited range of Austrian cuisine, then go here. If you want delicious food with personable and informed wait staff, then go here. In fact, there aren't any reasons not to go here. I'm not a vegetarian, but the vegan avocado-asparagus-couscous made me wish I was. Then I had the rib eye, and was glad I wasn’t. The wine selection was very good, and appropriately priced, so grab a bottle. I’m departing after 3 years of living in Vienna and sad I just found this place. I plan to go back before we leave.

3  Thank CLemond
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We arrived without a reso, and the great staff at Mark's still made us a table. The food was exceptional - fresh, flavourful and unique.

1  Thank ElleBo13
Reviewed May 26, 2013

You know what to expect of a restaurant with falafel on the menu. This is a modern trendy place on the way out of the main central area with an eclectic menu of burgers, steaks, fish and pasta, with the odd vegetarian dish thrown in. My cheeseburger was lacking in enough cheese but my wife's goats cheese pasta in a red pepper sauce looked and tasted delicious. Portions are generous. A great choice for lunch in our case, brunch, and dinner would be fine too. Clientele is largely youthful - a meeting place for friends,mums and daughters, boyfriend/girlfriend - the music had a heavy bass beat to it, the service was prompt, effiicient and friendly and overall there is a real buzz about Marks. Prices are reasonable and in an expensive city, are good value.

1  Thank Peter084
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

just hoping that it stays that way! :-) the atmosphere is supported by some cool sound in the background. was there with a friend. she had the falafel and i took thr cheeseburger. some beautiful wine to go with it. simply MERVEILLEUX.