“Great Stay at The Vienna Ritz Carlton” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna
Ranked #15 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Stay at The Vienna Ritz Carlton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our stay at the Ritz Carlton was excellent. The room was exceptionally clean and luxurious. The soft sheets,down duvets, marble baths and Nespresso coffee maker made for a very comfortable stay. The front desk staff, concierge and bell staff were all very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank China2002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Longwood, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I'm surprised by all the great reviews of this hotel, it was our least favorite of our vacation and I wish I had kept our booking with the Hotel Imperial which looked beautiful.
The hotel is so stark. If you like marble, you'll find it everywhere.
We booked 2 rooms. I was taking advantage of points to pay for 5 days in one room and a partial payment for the second.
Our room was so dark. You couldn't see anything in the closets. On the last day a light miraculously appeared in one of them, but not the other. Apparently they were supposed to be lit but not working in the new Ritz Carlton.
We went to the hotel breakfast the first day. For 32 euros per person I thought it was an average breakfast. We were ignored by the wait staff. I had to get up and walk over to a waitress to request a second cup of coffee. Not acceptable by any standard, expect more from a Ritz Carlton.
We had pushed the do not disturb sign on our door on the way to breakfast. The maid ignored her and we had to ask her to leave so we could prepare for our day. She had been washing our coffee cups in the sink, and had pulled a dirty towel off the floor to lay them on to dry. I was so grossed out by this I did not drink coffee in the room any other morning of our stay. I noticed on the maid carts there were no clean dishes, so I supposed this was standard procedure-yuk!
The roof top bar was a nice idea, although the two times we went there it was quite windy. Our mixed drinks on both occasions were so watered down and expensive.
We stopped at the concierge desk a few times. They tried to be helpful but were new to Vienna and not familiar with the city. We got wrong information from them and ended up at a different museum than the one we had asked about. The other time they just pulled out a map and tried to figure out where we wanted to go. I've never experienced this with any other concierge anywhere in the world.
We would recommend Distrikt restaurant. The food and service were excellent there.
We stayed in luxury hotels in Munich and Salzburg on this trip and were disappointed by the Ritz Carlton Vienna.
Didn't think it met luxury standards. We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando and were blown away by the luxury of that hotel and all the nice touches. Expected the Ritz Carlton to be on par with that experience but it was not even close.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jjmmff625
Millburn, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Even among Ritz Carlton properties, the Vienna Ritz is in a class by itself. I had a corner room with a wrap around terrace that was the epitome of European elegance in a completely modern way. The staff - every single person - was knowledgable, attentive and immediate in responding to any inquiry. Distrikt, the restaurant, is not to be missed and the breakfast featured a mix of European, Asian and American favorites. The location is perfect - this property is not to be missed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay here. I was upgraded to a larger room. The staff was very friendly and polite upon check in. The room was very clean and put together with a large closet, and the bathroom was very nice and spacious with separate toilet and shower. The shower and toiletries were really good quality as well, and the shower pressure was awesome. I enjoyed the location of the hotel. A quick walk to the Opera and all main sights. We even walked to the Belvedere from our hotel one day. I don't want to sound nitpicky but I will point out a few minor things because this is obviously the Ritz--and I had just come off my stay at the Four Seasons in Budapest. I felt some of the details as far as the room and service weren't typical 5 star. There was a portion or two where the carpet had become unglued or something and it popped up and made a crunching noise when stepped on. No big deal but thought it was odd for a brand new hotel with the Ritz name. The other odd thing was there was never any turndown service. Again, no biggie but had just come off the Four Seasons where the room service and staff overall was outstanding and left little cards about Budapest or the weather, etc. So it just felt the attention to detail was missing a bit. Other five stars (like the Grand Del Mar) will do turn down and leave a chocolate covered Oreo or mint or whatever. Again, nothing to cry over, but sometimes it's just the little extra things in a 5 star hotel that make it more memorable. The pool was nice, but it was a little cold and there is no warm Jacuzzi--just an attached area to the main pool that has jets. So the pool experience was a little disappointing from what I was expecting. However, overall, the hotel had what I am looking for--super clean hotel with nice amenities with a good location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank osidekid
St Louis,Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wonderful 3 night stay. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in the Club Lounge. The breakfast offerings were amazing. I was pleasantly surprised to see zanderfilet on the menu and had it each time it was offered. This is a fish I cannot get at home and have been dreaming of! I am now dreaming again of this fish. The hotel rooftop bar had wonderful views of Vienna and we enjoyed it our first night but it rained every day after that so glad we did go the first night. The room was compact but the space was designed so that it didn't feel small. Television offerings were not so good. If you like financial news you will be fine. The pool was very nice as well as the steam room. Concierge in the club lounge were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Stay on the Club floor and take advantage of the complimentary food and drink you will not regret it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank educatedtravels
Beechworth, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were delighted to stay at this Hotel. The façade oozed character and charm. The Reception staff treated us like celebrities. We felt very special. The room (standard) was of a very high standard - spacious, very comfortable and top spec. furnishings. The bed was extremely comfortable. The marble bathroom was absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed our 2 night stay very much. We were only a short walk to visiting the beautiful architecture in the area. The breakfasts were very nice although the seating arrangements were a little unusual as some of the seating were lounges and it felt a little awkward eating on the first morning. The second morning we made sure we sat somewhere that had better seats. One breakfast staff member seemed to ignore us a bit and it seemed obvious when a business man was asking to be seated as he gave him much more attention. That was simply our opinion. Apart from that I would highly recommend this Hotel. The standard and quality was second to none!!

Room Tip: Any room will be a good room!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne R
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I came back to the Ritz in Vienna for a sightseeing trip with my family.
We got a great room with a nice view over the ring road. There was a special welcome for our kids which they loved. Also during checkin they got offered little toys.
Breakfast was great and even it was not included we went everyday.
Klaus, the breakfast manager remembered us after the first day and knew all our requests on the 2nd day...WOW...Also the chef on the egg station was super friendly and helpful to my kids which is unfortunately rarely to find.
The pool area was great and spacious and the kids loved it. Also there the staff was super friendly and helpful.
THe concierge team (too bad I can't remember all the names) was very helpful with giving tips and arranging trips for us.

Check out was smooth, transportation arranged as requested.

Overall I have to stay that you can stay for sure cheaper but it's for me worth every penny. Such a warm service you find rarely!

We wil come back