“Just what I needed”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Just what I needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was traveling to Vienna for a short time and was going to meet with my partner for only two days after months without seeing each other. The location of the hotel was ideal, the opera, museums and restaurants were in a walking distance, the attention was great and the room perfect for our needs We even had time for a massage session to relax in the hotel. I am staying here again and again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SansSouciWien, Manager at Hotel Sans Souci Wien, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear condottiero,

thank you so much - what a great review. Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and also spa! Looking forward to having you stay with us again!

All the best from Vienna,
Your Sans Souci Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I spoke at a web development conference in Vienna where the organizers booked us into this delightfully posh hotel. I was not expecting the royal treatment I received.

The most telling part was when I first arrived. After the check in experience during which I was served hot lemonade, I realized I had left my iPhone in the taxi. I was deeply distressed but 24 hours behind in sleep. I was stumbling around my room, trying not to panic. I told the desk and they said they'd find the driver for me. Ten minutes later, I'm called down to pick up my phone in the lobby. I don't know how it all came together, but it was one of the least stressful crises of my life!

If you like to swim, don't miss the swimming pool. The water doesn't taste like salt or chlorine and the facility is beautiful with chandeliers and a stainless steel lining. The gym faciltiy, is open 24 hours as well.

Do try the champagne service at Le Bar. They have a very nice selection for an indulgence or two.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, both to me, my fellow conference speakers, and to my friends who stopped by. I especially enjoyed the chocolate gifts when I checked in and out.

Definitely recommended if you want a luxury hotel in Vienna!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rachel N
SansSouciWien, Manager at Hotel Sans Souci Wien, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Rachel N,

A big Thank You! from our side for sharing the experiences of your stay with us. We're glad everything worked out well for you in the end and hope to welcome you again soon!

All the best from Vienna,
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel. It's doors opened no more than a year ago. It is centrally located and is a reflection of the city! A modern hotel with a classic touch.
The rooms are large with high ceilings. There is high attention to detail including furniture, entertainment system and bathroom.
I won't be looking for another hotel in Vienna! Bravo

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

One of the best cityhotels I have stayed in. From the first moment till the last our whole stay was just amazing. The room was very spacious and clean. The staff always there to help…wow what a hotel, will come back for sure

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel is perfectly located for tourists to visit Vienna: next to the Museum Quartier and all the major museums/attractions are within a maximum of 15 minutes walk. It is a luxurious boutique hotel with a small number of rooms (50 rooms in total). The service is friendly with its good continental breakfast spread. We had a minor issue with heating thermostat and the room was too hot. As it was winter time, we resorted to opening the window. I'm sure the management team would ressolve this by now.

Berkshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed for a long weekend over Valentines day, and loved the hotel. We had room 524 which is the only hotel room on that floor , all other accomodation being apartments, which seemed to be mostly unoccupied when we were there, so it was very quiet . The room was a good size with a contemporary stylish decor,and a balcony . The hotel is only a year or so old, and well done throughout , the spa , including gym, pool , treatments are excellent and in line with a hotel of this class. The staff could not do enough for you and even went and bought decaffinated coffee for us when they did not have any sachets . We absolutely loved visiting Vienna with its many cultural highlights(e.g. The Natural Histroy Museum, the Leopold Gallery , both just round the corner from the hotel), and this hotel was a very comfortable convenient base. We were staying on a bed and breakfast basis and the food was fresh with plenty of choice (although not many hotels stock my favourite Peanut butter)......Its not the cheapest hotel, but you get what you pay for so Totally recommended ...thanks very much Sans Souci, we will be back..

1 Thank Spider19991999
SansSouciWien, Manager at Hotel Sans Souci Wien, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Spider19991999.

THANK YOU for your time and effort to write this lovely review. Nice to know you've enjoyed your Valentine's shortbreak with us. See you soon in Vienna!

Kind regards,
Hurst Green, Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

This is a well equipped hotel with lovely rooms a very short walk from the central attractions of Vienna. It is a stone throw from the museum quarter and 15 minutes from the heart of the city. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The bedrooms are clean and very well equipped. The breakfast was lovely. Only two gripes. The room was very hot and in winter they turn off air conditioning - so we had to leave the windows open and it was very noisy. But the major negative was that the bar area is very small and half of it is given over to smokers - and they certainly used it!!! I have been amazed that they allow smoking in so many public spaces in Austria. Also they had a function one evening and closed the bar to residents and this hotel is so small there are no common areas to relax in or to get a drink in. That said we would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris G
SansSouciWien, Manager at Hotel Sans Souci Wien, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Chris G,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and your very helpful inputs. We really appreciate your feedback.
As for the smoking policy in our hotel: as all the rooms and are strictly non-smoking, so as a courtesy to our guests we created a smoking area in our bar. Of course our guests are more than welcome to have a drink in the restaurant!
We hope to welcome you again with us in the future!
Kind regards from Vienna,