“Stellar service and excellent location/connectivity”

Hotel Sans Souci Wien
Ranked #1 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Stellar service and excellent location/connectivity”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed in Sans Souci for 3 nights during our visit to Vienna in Dec’13.

The Location:
The location is splendid – a 30 second walk from the Volkstheatre U-bahn station. Many attractions, including the Hofburg palace, Rathaus (with its famous Christmas markets), the Museum Quarters are walkable from the hotel, and many others(belvedere palace, the cathedral etc) are 1-2 stations away on the U Bahn. There's also a tram stop closeby, and a ringtram stop 2-3 minutes away.

Service:
Their service is most certainly second to none. The staff was very courteous and helpful, and went a long way to make our stay comfortable. It was my birthday, and at the last moment my husband decided to surprise me by ordering a cake at midnight. Even though the kitchen had closed, the staff managed to arrange a midnight cake and a candle for us. There was some technical issue with the TV in our room, because of which we didn’t get great sound quality for an in-room movie we had ordered. The hotel offered to upgrade us to a bigger room, which I felt was a great gesture.

The Rooms:
The rooms are quite spacious, and very modern, much like the hotel itself. The fittings are all top notch – we had a massive mirror TV with bose speakers, great lighting, and 2 modern sinks in the bathroom. My only grouse was the absence of a bath – tub in the bathroom.

The Breakfast:
There is good variety in the breakfast buffet, but I think there’s some room for improvement in the quality – especially the juices and eggs. On weekends, breakfast is served till 11:00, which was great for us.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard facing room, which had no view so to speak. But rooms on higher floors facing the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBug_S27_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2013

A great, small hotel in the heart of the MQ. Staff are wonderful and very helpful. Breakfast was great! Beds and pillows are comfortable and clean. Rooms on the main street side can be a bit loud, but not enough to move. Nice small spa/gym/pool area.

Nice small bar with both smoking/non areas.

They don't comp water in the room, but there is a small grocery around the corner. Also, no coffee in rooms - only tea.

Was perfect for a long weekend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floor and away from main street for quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

What a lovely hotel experience! Left here yesterday after a 4 day stay with my sister. Hotel was amazing, and staff were exceptional. As soon as we arrived a gentleman called Marek rushed to get our bags for us, showed us all we needed to see of the hotel and showed us to our room, then brought us our bags. All the staff were the same, very friendly, polite and would do anything for you. Spa was amazing, very clean, fresh robes and towels ready for you whenever you wanted one. The room was gorgeous, spacious and spotless. The tv was concealed in the mirror and volume controls in the bathroom so you can hear the tv or music in there.
Breakfast was always lovely and fresh, and again staff were delightfull.
Can't say anymore than amazing, definitely worth a stay here if visiting Vienna. Ideally situated in the centre, lots to do around the hotel without the need for travelling far.
Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a wedding in Vienna. We had a junior suite. The room was beautiful with such luxury touches as a heated bathroom floor and a heated toilet seat( it was a first for me). The staff was very pleasant and very helpful. I did not use the Spa but my wife did and loved it. The layout of the Spa was as nice as any I have seen. I thought the room rate was very reasonable for what we got . Maybe because many wedding guests stayed there, it was a special rate. It is not right in the heart of the city but it is an easy walk and it it close to a number of museums. A very happy stay. My wife did not want to leave.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I booked 4 nights in Sans Souci hotel and had a great experience! Now I really understand the meaning of service one receives in a 5 star boutique hotel like this one! When I checked-in at the hotel in the evening, I received a very warm welcome by Marion Trathnigg, the front desk manager, she even walked me to my room. The room was clean, spacious and beautiful. I requested a room on the more quiet garden side of the hotel, my request was honored. In the room, I found the phone was not working properly, I was unable to receive phone calls. I contacted Marion who then personally came to my room and immediately had the staff repair it. Even the General Manager let me use her cell phone the next morning so my friends could contact me while I was in my room and the phone was in repair. It was nice to see the staff, “go out of their way” to help me. The great service provided by the hotel staff really made up for a small issue with the phone that was really caused by the phone company. The spa was indulging! this hotel has a good size pool, it’s excellent for doing laps, the sauna and steam room work magnificently – all components for a great Spa! The hotel lobby and the lounge were beautify decorated and the unique furniture with the different styles, modern and antique were a great contrast! The lounge is so elegant, yet cozy and warm by the friendly bartenders especially Julio Pereina. Since I travelled alone, the staff, (front desk, bell men, lounge bartenders) really made me feel comfortable and relaxed, they were very personable. I will come back to San Soucis again the next time I travel to Vienna. Again I had a “Great experience”!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the roof garden are quiet. City view is nice but can be a bit noisy with traffic
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Christine B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I can honestly say this one of the best hotels I have stayed in. As soon as we arrived we were quickly greeted by a lovely receptionist who took our bags straight out of our hands! She gave us some hints and tips for the city and explained everything we needed to know to get the most out of Vienna.

Our room was lovely and well thought out, as others have said you could have a small party in the shower! Our only gripe was we had two twins pushed together instead of a double. The quality of furnishings was second to none.

There was an excellent selection for breakfast, although as a Brit I did find it confusing that they kept serving eggs in bowls instead of plates!

The hotel is full of eccentric character from swan shaped taps to a bar that belongs in a lavish period drama.

Excellent location and the spa is fantastic too.

There is only one place to stay in Vienna and this is it!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 84artemis
Toronto
Reviewed November 14, 2013

- great location close to underground and many of the sights are easily in walking distance
- pool/spa is beautiful space. Choice of sauna, saunarium and stem room is lovely. However no where to sit around the pool and relax. Not a big deal if all you want to do is go for a swim. Also not enough space for more than 4 people at one time
- staff very willing to help
- lovely breakfast
- was worth the money paid, however I do believe there are other hotels for lower cost that would give you just as pleasant a stay

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple