“Great day with Peter!”
Review of Wienguide Tours

Wienguide Tours
Ranked #1 of 124 Tours in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: Peter will be your local guide in Vienna! Admire the charm of the imperial city with me and hear, not only the facts about the 640 year old regency of the Habsburgs`, but also humorous, erotic and unbelievable details about the lives of the empress and emperor. Smile about grotesque courtly customs and shudder over murders, unsolved deaths and other criminal tales. It would be my pleasure, as a state approved tour guide.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day with Peter!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Peter took my mother and I to the Wachau Valley-AMAZING! He told us great stories of the history of Vienna as we drove through the beautiful countryside. Very entertaining, humorous and accommodating. I would highly recommend using Peter's services when you are in Vienna. Thanks Peter!

Visited May 2013

Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First rate service”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I contacted Peter because of all the great reviews here. I wanted help planning a quick trip to Vienna in December. I wanted some expert input in order to make the most of the few days we had there. Peter promptly responded to my email and we discussed ideas and options over the course of about a week. Peter had lots of good ideas and I ended up booking a morning walking tour of the city and a morning driving tour taking in other parts of the city so that we could see as much as possible in the available time. I also asked Peter's advice about Strauss/Mozart concerts and restaurants where we could experience traditional Viennese fare. Not only did he make suggestions, he offered to book concert tickets and make a dinner reservation for us. Payment for all of the above was easy via Paypal and Peter then sent a full confirmation email explaining everything. One change to the itinerary was that he was not able to accompany us as our guide, but he substituted another guide, Susi Maurer. She met us at our hotel and gave us 2 really interesting and entertaining mornings around Vienna. She was extremely knowledgeable and happy to talk about historic and modern life in Austria. She made further useful suggestions about what to see during the rest of our stay.

If you are planning a visit to Vienna and want to make sure you get the best introduction possible to the city, Peter and Susi come highly recommended.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Hanbag
Peter S, Inhaber at Wienguide Tours, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Hanbag!

Thank you very much for your "first class" review! As I told you in the beginning of our conversation..."you will love Susi" - she is great!
I am happy, that you enjoyed the Strauss and Mozart concert and that the dinner reservation worked fine for you.
I couldn't guide you personally, because I left to Costa Rica for the winter season. Soon I will be back in Vienna to walk on...trying to make more travelers happy..:)
Have a nice time
Peter
Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Like seeing Vienna with an old friend!"”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I booked a tour with Peter after reading the reviews on this website. We booked the 3 hour driving city tour right from the Mielding station in Vienna and our experience with Peter was a perfect introduction to the city. It was just the three of us in his van on the first day. Peter is so personable, polite, knowledgeable, and easy-going that it was like we were visiting an old friend who also happened to know everything there was to know about the city and how to experience it. We were so happy with the tour of the city that we asked Peter if he could drive us to Vienna Woods the next day so that we could see many of the places we wanted to see there on our own schedule and pace. His passion for the city is contagious, he has a great sense of humor, and he clearly enjoys people. It was an unforgettable experience! Peter is simply the best guide we've ever had and we would recommend him to anyone visiting the area.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Shane D
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“good guy”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

my wife and i tried to book a tour with peter on unreasonably short notice (1 day). peter said he could accomodate us the following afternoon, upon our arrival from prague. however, even though peter was most accomodating, we decided it was too tight a schedule for us, given other commitments we had made for that evening. so, i asked peter if he could recommend another guide that could better meet our schedule. he did, putting us in contact with another guide that perfectly met our schedule and needs.

i write all this, despite never actually using peter as a guide, to suggest that this is a good guy. if he conducts his tours with anything like the responsiveness and care he spent with us (two problematic, short-noticed, NON-CUSTOMERS), he must surely live up to all the other accolades his customers have written on this site.

New York
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“No other way to see a city but with someone that loves it!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We took this tour on our fist day to get used to the city and even when tired it was the best decision we made! Peter loves his city! his great energy dictated our stay fro the next few days and we were amazed at the knowledge that he has for Vienna! We will be back, truly one of the best!

Visited August 2012