“A Real Find”

Ranked #175 of 4,551 Restaurants in Vienna
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: Welcome to MEDUSA located at Neuen Markt in the centre of Vienna City where a restaurant & club in one are waiting for you. International cuisine and first-class design in three stores – depending on your taste & mood, you can enjoy here lunch, dinner, after-work drink and of course the nightlife.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My daughter & I dined her tonight and were very pleased with the atmosphere, the food and selection. I saw the previous comments re music, but I quite enjoyed the upbeat atmosphere and carrying on a conversation was no problem. Very nice decor, excellent selection of starter, pastas , and mains. We shared a beet carpaccio with goat cheese and it was plenty big for two. The beets were marinated in honey and raspberry vinegar and garnished with parmesan and pine nuts. Sweet and sour and absolutely perfect - we would go back for that alone. We both had a very nice risotto - better than I have had in Tuscany, amazingly enough! I had the porcini mushroom and my daughter the saffron with prawns. Well plated, hot and delicious. We shared a decent bottle of Spanish Tempranillo for $32 Euro, which I found reasonable.
The sign out front said "Trip Advisor Rated" which drew me in. I would have to rank them far above the 2oo's they received. We will be back to sample the menu which is very interesting. Salads look great. If I had one complaint, it would be the service. Our waiter did not ask if we wanted wine with the meal and it was delayed due to ordering late. But it was fine.
PS This is Europe - they smoke - you have to deal with it or sit out side or hope that the non-smokers are dining in that night. Frankly, I don't mind the dogs they allow (as per previous comments), as long as they are well behaved. Haven't seen a bad dog yet! And there were none here. Just great food and atmosphere.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant as our first meal in Vienna. We randomly picked it after walking around several streets. What a pleasant surprise to find a fabulous meal. Most of our party ordered pasta dishes and I ordered flank steak. All selections were wonderful. Of course we could not leave without ordering dessert. Being a group of six we ordered three to split. Needless to say, dessert was delicious. Our server suggested wine selections for the table which went very well with our meals. The establishment has a warm and inviting atmosphere. A few days prior to our departure we decided to return to Medusa. This time we sat outside in the beautiful night air. Even though there was a slight chill heaters and blankets were provided which made for a very nice evening. Our second experience at Medusa was just as delicious selecting different dishes to sample. I definitely recommend Medusa and will return if I visit Vienna in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had a supurb meal in the Medusa which included a stunning dessert. Upstairs is probably the best place to sit however the restaurant has a smoking section and unfortunately this has the best views. They also allow dogs in which seems to be the norm in Vienna.

The only problem I had was when I checked my credit card statement and they had rounded my bill up from 94:30 to 100 euro's. I had already given them a 10 euro tip. My bank resolved this but you need to check if paying by card.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Went on an awful Sunday I confess because it was raining and it looked nice from the outside and OPEN---yes, Vienna has
ridiculous schedules and things close early and/or don't open for lunch on a Sunday...
Food good, very nice place and great staff! Must recommend. Won't comment on the prices as unfortunately I live in one of the most expensive cities of the world so it seemed ok for us.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Medusa was right outside our pension. We ate a lunch and a dinner there. The service was pleasant and good. The food was good. The prices were a little high, but the pleasantness of the outdoor area made it worthwhile.