“Great lodging for the price!”

Old Vienna Apartments
Ranked #32 of 217 Specialty Lodging in Vienna
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Old Vienna Apartments impressed me from the start. Very responsive to email inquiries, easy to find. The proprietor is friendly and very helpful. She even did a load of laundry for me. The room was convenient to the subway. My room was HUGE! I don't understand the two single mattresses pushed together to make a double, but it was just me so it was fine. My only complaint was street noise early in the morning, but a different room would likely be quieter. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor facing a busy street, so it was pretty noisy in the mornings. A room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Old Vienna Apartments are in an excellent location. They are only 2 minutes about from the subway and then you are off to seeing what Vienna has to offer. The room had a high ceiling so it had a wonderfully spacious feel. We didn't use the kitchen, but it was a nice option. My only complaint was that the pillows could use replacement.

However, overall, this was a great location and value!

Megan Mocko

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scrappy30
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at Old Vienna Apartments a few weeks ago with my Mother, Father, and cousin Rachele and we loved it.
The rooms were huge!
We had our own kitchen, two rooms, and a T.V.
The location is in central Vienna so all the beautiful sights are within walking distance.
Hedi ( the lady who runs the hotel) is really sweet, she does everything she can to make your trip wonderful.
From giving advice on where to eat to helping you find something you lost after you've already paid her ,she's really incredible.
The hotel was amazing and the staff was even better.
I really did enjoy me stay there!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013

As experienced visitors to Vienna, we were nevertheless pleasantly surprised by how close the apartment was to two U Bahn lines and heart of the city centre. The immediate neighborhood is very quiet, and for those wishing to avoid the tourist scene, it's within close walking distance to excellent restaurants and farmers market with fresh local products. (Ask the proprietors for recommendations.) The roomy accommodation was fully equipped including kitchen, washing machine, and hair dryer so very convenient. The apartment had been recently renovated and was immaculate. Excellent also for long stays. Absolutely recommended.

Room Tip: Our room was Top 10 with space for 4 people.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with three friends. The apartment is large compared to anything else I have stayed in doors separating one room from the other which was nice. Washing machine, clothes hanger, ironing board, fridge, dishwasher, microwave everything you really need. It also has a nice large balcony. Only 2 mins to the underground and a short walk to the fun park and big Ferris wheel. There is a really good Thai restaurant just around the corner I have to recommend you try and a a supermarket "billa" a few streets away. I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank gem_gem001
Oldviennarooms, Owner at Old Vienna Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank You for your nice words. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Old Vienna Apartments for 2 nights. It is located just a 2 minute walk from the subway and 15 min walk from Stefanplatz. The lady in charge was very helpful with suggestions to where we could eat. The room itself was very nice. Tiles in every room. Clean and neat. A fridge and a oven if you bring your own food. We stayed at the ground floor and since its the middle of the summer this was the best choice. We slept very well.

I recommend this "apartment hotel" to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank moroga
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in Vienna for four nights and really enjoyed the convenience of this apartment. We were welcomed warmly and given helpful suggestions for restaurants and transportation to main sights. getting there was so easy by metro, the metro system is wonderful in Vienna. The city center was about ten minutes away walking over the bridge so we got a good value for the proximity to the main sights. The bathroom/shower area was a little cramped in our place but we did have a kitchen area which was helpful for breakfast and snacks. Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends