“EXCELLENT in every way”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: Un Establecimiento De Calidad Y Buena Atención
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I'm often in vienna but this time I was here alone so I was kinda bored to try fancy restaurants but I gave it a try after all and I'm soooo glad!

The best meal I've had in vienna (and I've tried at least one Michelin start place here - not steirreck yet though-) by far.

I got the four course dinner and hadn't had lunch but it was still more than enough. I also had the wines and they were very good especially the Reisling.

The actual food ( I chose the cod main course) was very good (salmon first course, boulliabese second course, cod main and an excellent pineapple dessert). I'm so glad I tried this. Highly recommened

Reviewed March 8, 2013

on par with nyc restaurants. so happy to have eaten there.

originally planned to have their chef's choice menu but wasn't hungry enough to make it worthwhile. chose the 4-course menu (for 39 euro) instead :-) what a great experience!! food is modern, attractive in its presentation and delicious! the attached wine pairings for 19 euro is an excellent value. service is attentive and professional.

restaurant atmosphere is very modern.

well worth time and expense

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My wife and I took her parents here for our last night in Vienna. We arrived later in the evening around 10:30, but were greeted enthusiastically. I had the 4 course tasting menu with wine pairings for 39€ plus 19€ for the wine, which was worth every euro cent. Presentation on the plate was lovely, food was excellent and the all-Austian wines paired nicely. And while celery soup doesn't sound like showstopper...it was. The in laws and my wife similarly enjoyed their entrees...the surf and turf, the osso buco, and coq au vin. All great choices. The staff was warm and very attentive. We had some nice meals in Vienna, but this was by far the best.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have chosen this restaurant for dinner and decided to try testing menu for 65 Euro per person. It was interesting and quite delicious but nothing special.
We have also tried wine tasting menu for 39 Euro pro person, wines were great (especially if you would like to taste Austrian wines) but too much (one glass for each course and since courses are tasting and therefore small, entire glass of wine is too much for one person). I recommend to take one wine tasting menu for two persons (I'm not sure it is allowed by restaurant rules but for sure waiters do not watch of how many people at the table has tasted your glass of wine).

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Oh my oh my oh my! We booked a table to have the surprise tasting menu. Oh it was so delicious. You can have as many starters as you'd like (one by one), as many pasta dishes, as many main courses and as many desserts for sixty euros. We managed 13 courses, along with the wine flute (which I believe was another 40 euros on top). Each course was bursting with flavour, colour and variety. It really felt like they'd thought through everything they put on the plate. The starters especially were where they really excelled. The staff were also really pleasant and attentive. My suggestion would be to have as many starters as you can manage, maybe only one or two pasta dishes, around 3 or 4 main courses and then a couple of desserts is plenty. I would go back to this restaurant today if I could. It was the highlight of my trip.

1  Thank Nomnom39