We booked the hotel in August, based on it's No.1* ranking in Tripadvisor. It was even more important than usual to us to have a good hotel, as our friends had never been to Vienna before. Our correspondence with the hotel was efficient and good-humoured (even humorous!) and this continued on check-in and throughout our stay. The staff: reception; cleaners; breakfast waiters cannot be faulted. I asked about travel tickets around Vienna; they were purchased and in our room within hours!
The room itself was modern and very spacious, just as described by other reviewers. We had room 206, which overlooked the breakfast atrium. Normally, I like individual toiletries, but the 'wine based' toiletries in dispensers were lovely.
The breakfast was very generous (included in our rate) and it was nice to try the different wines in the evening. On New Year's Eve in the court yard there was a fun tradition of 'melting the lead to foretell the future'.
We really like the location, the Josefstadt, which seems quite bohemian - there are plenty of bars and restaurants. We recommend O Cristos (Greek restaurant about 50 metres to the left of the hotel) Alte Backstubel (again to the left about 150 metres - across main road) Cafe Eiles is one of the 'original cafes' and just by the tram stop. BUT It is about 20 minutes walk to the cathedral and you will see so much.
Honestly, what more could you ask for?!
*It seems to me that once a hotel gains No. 1 rating, some reviewers take delight in finding the most silly fault to 'knock it down' e.g. "The hotel is not on the Ring". well, no it isn't, but it hasn't sneakily moved!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vienna's one and only wine themed hotel is looking forward to hosting all wine lovers. All our 39 rooms are dedicated to Austrian premium winemakers and are featuring clear and state of the art design and function, enhanced with a lot of love for the details and some quirky things, too. Don't be surprised!!! You will find the wines of your partner vintner in your room and all the other wines from all the other winemakers in our wine lounge. We serve, of course, wine 24 hours a day. Our attic suite (80 sqm with private rooftop terrace) is dedicated to German vintners...! Why? Because weeeee loooove Riiiisling!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rathaus Wein And Design Wien
- Hotel Rathaus Wein Design Wien
- Rathaus Wein Design Wien Hotel