Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design
$175
$124
  • Restaurant
Austria Classic Hotel Wien(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$107
The Harmonie Vienna(Vienna)
$162
$141
1,368 results
All reviewsaustrian wineswine loversthemed hotelquiet streetmuseum quarterminute walkrain showergreat boutiquecity hallroom was spaciouswalk in showerthree nightsfantastic hotelhighly recommend this hotelloved this hotelchristmas marketspent nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I love this Hotel. I've stayed there three times, once with my wife and some friends for my wife's 60th birthday celebration (complimentary sparkling wine at breakfast without asking) and twice on business. Each time I've stayed in a diifferent room, all have been very stylishly designed, roomy, with a large comfortable bed and powerful, spacious shower. The staff are unfailingly friendly and helpful. The rooms are all themed around different Austrian winemakers and the hotel has a small bar/breakfast room, where you can try the excellent wines. Breakfasts are substantial in the usual continental style, wide range of breads, cheeses, cold meats, cereals and eggs cooked on request. There are at least three first class restaurants for dinner within a five minute walk.

The location is fine - a ten- fifteen minute walk to the central tourist areas and five minutes from the Metro

However, if your idea of a good four star hotel is one of the large, faceless and characterless American chains then you may not like it, as some of the reviewers here clearly don't.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mikemethos
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Extremely friendly stuff, great room and shower, outstanding breakfast, delicious wines, still in foot walking distance to town center (20 mins.) - we had a great time and will go back to this hotel if we visit Vienna again. We can only recommend this hotel to other travelers in any respect.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I'm not entirely sure why the reviews of this hotel are so polarizing - my wife and I stayed from 06-09 April 2012 and found everything in perfect working order, in a fantastic location with lovely hotel employees bending over to assist us. A mere 4 blocks (OK, european blocks can be big, but it's less than 5 minutes walk) from the U2 and U3 stop at Volkstheater, we found access to the hotel incredibly easy. We arrived early and were offered coffee and a taste of the remaining petit fours from breakfast while we waited to see if our room was available. These small touches are wonderful, and really got our trip started off inpeccably. After checking in, the staff oriented us on the map, and proceeded to show us a few of their personal favorite things about Vienna.

Being a Wein and Design hotel, we were excited to try their wine selections for their post-4pm tasting sessions. This was such a great way not only to get to know Viennese wines, but to also chat with our hotel receptionist/sommelier to book a few meals during our stay. In the same area as the wine bar is the buffet breakfast which has more selections of breads, jams, cheeses and pastries than I've seen throughout Europe. This is truly a delight, and served with a number of hot drinks and juices; you can also order egg dishes.

The room we were in (404) had a great view and was quite large. We really enjoyed the layout, but I would think twice if I had kids or was just with friends, as the shower has windows that can easily be seen through. Could be a bit awkward for families. Otherwise the place was great- easily my favorite shower in all my travels, a wonderful breakfast, and fantastic staff. I cant think of a single thing to change my review lower than 5 TA stars.

Room Tip: Room 404 was great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoamingJerome
oderwitz, Manager at Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear guests from Bern / Switzerland!

Thank you so much for taking your time and to write a review about our hotel.

I am so lucky to learn you were happy during your stay with us and both enjoyed hospitality and the room. Indeed room 404 (also 405, 304 and 305) allows a perfect view to the city!

The only thing you could have blamed us for during your stay was the weather...! But furtunately you didn´t...:)! The weather, indeed, was not so good during the Easter holidays and I truly hope we can offer more sunshine during your next stay with us!

Again, thank you very much for your stay and all the best from Vienna.

Conrad Schröpel
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Hotel Rathaus takes care of everything: food, wine, concierge, and comfort.

The Service: Conrad has put together a top-notch team at Hotel Rathaus. Staff is attentive, accommodating, and efficient. Whether it bike rental (arrival within 30 minutes), restaurant or event reservations and recommendations (within the hour), or having the white wine you purchased from the bar the night before put on ice in your room prior to your return home, Hotel Rathaus staff delivers an excellence that makes you sad to leave.

The Room: very clean, spacious, well-designed. Excellent lighting and ventilation for the daytime and nice, effective window treatments for the night. Fantastic sink, shower, and bathroom facilities.

The Location and Amenities: The hotel's unique location makes it easy to feel native to Vienna. The commutes to tourist attractions exposed us to shops and restaurants that we wouldn't have otherwise enjoyed. It's on the perimeter of urban bustle, making it easier to leave "home" and feel relaxed and on vacation while still enjoying easy access to features of urban life.

Hotel Rathaus offers a "local", residential accommodation that accesses shopping, museums, markets, and the opera within a few minutes on bicycle (that the hotel seamlessly arranged), 10 minutes on foot, and 10-15 minutes on public transport (to more distant venues).

The Breakfast: Its been 3 weeks and we still miss its broad selection of sweet and savory foods.

The Wine Bar: After searching (with a winemaker) near and far throughout Vienna, we sampled Hotel Rathaus's Wine Bar: BEST selection of Austrian wines in Vienna, very reasonably priced, and very well informed - Conrad.

I cannot wait for our return to Hotel Rathaus's facilities and family.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TTJCC

Dear guests from California,

I hope you also enjoyed the second leg of your journey through Austria.

So good to learn you have enjoyed your stay with us so much. I well remember the first evening at our winebar. Especially the first one..., an evening no one of us will probably forget. Wishing you all the best for your future and shall be more than glad to hosting you again soon. And for your next stay after your wedding: we also have rooms with baby-cradles...:)!

All the best from Conrad & team!

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I remember loving the open closet, the breakfast and the overall look. The room concept was modern and open with the bathroom being chopped in 3 parts and being part of it - apparently not for everybody! My husband and I greatly enjoyed at that time. The internet also didn't work with us and that was a shame. It was close to Museum Quarter and walking distance to the Hofburg Palace.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple