The Rathous or Tax House in English .
This hotel is warm and friendly, efficient and professional , flexible and delightfully novel.
Truly free and fully functional wifi! Hallelujah !
Close to the museum quarter, this is a superb themed hotel , located on a quiet street off the main circular road that takes you to everything in Vienna. The location is quiet with superb restaurants in the area. It has parking too.
Each room is wonderfully themed around a Viennese vineyard. Our room was The Hillinger, fabulous with a superb walk-in shower. The room facilities were complete and funky storage in the bed base to hide the cases away was a great bonus. The quality furniture and finishings set this apart from many hotels.
The minibar well stocked and not over priced. With fresh decanted water in the room every day.
The breakfast was the most varied we have ever had for this type of hotel , with a range of speciality dishes , boutique cheeses and cold meats , Viennese cakes and fresh cooked eggs etc. The verity and quality was stunning. Served in the restaurant area of the wine bar, overlooking a court yard this is a cosy relaxing place to eat where every need was efficiently catered for.
The hospitality of the staff and quality of service uphold the high Viennese standards that Vienna must surely be famous for. Understated, demure excellence!
Jet-lagged from a long trip , the staff opened the kitchen twice for us during our busy stay to accommodate our needs. To Quote "Nothing is too much trouble"
Every Viennese wine and meal we had was superb. The Viennese Vodka is excellent too. Viennese wines are obviously hidden gems. Rarely have we been so constantly enamored with every wine we indulged in, both in and out of the hotel.
There are a few stairs to the lift that may be a problem for guests with disabilities but the staff are so friendly and efficient nothing is a problem here and all you have to do is ask or pre-warn them for assistance.
Thank you to the staff and management of Rathous for a wonderful introduction to Vienna . We will return. Vienna is a wonderful city and this hotel would make it and it's people very proud.
I believe there is another hotel with the same name , so make sure you tell the taxi Lange Gasse 13 (long street).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vienna's one and only wine themed hotel is looking forward to hosting all wine lovers. All our 39 rooms are dedicated to Austrian premium winemakers and are featuring clear and state of the art design and function, enhanced with a lot of love for the details and some quirky things, too. Don't be surprised!!! You will find the wines of your partner vintner in your room and all the other wines from all the other winemakers in our wine lounge. We serve, of course, wine 24 hours a day. Our attic suite (80 sqm with private rooftop terrace) is dedicated to German vintners...! Why? Because weeeee loooove Riiiisling!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rathaus Wein And Design Wien
- Hotel Rathaus Wein Design Wien
- Rathaus Wein Design Wien Hotel