“One ofr the best hotels in Vienna”

Hotel SPIESS & SPIESS Appartement-Pension
Ranked #1 of 115 Vienna B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 4 days and it was a pleasure to be there!!! Our room had a nice view in the garden, it's very new, modern, spacious and clean. Breakfasts were also perfect. Location is very close to center.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 11, 2014

An excellent hotel made in Viennise style. Light shades, pleasant atmosphere, classical music at breakfast - all these things leave an unforgettable impression. There are spacious rooms with big bathrooms, equipped with safes, coffee-machines, tea sets. A bed is very comfortable and has a snow-white bed linen. Air-conditioner and heated floors are provided. Staff is friendly, there is much of information about Vienna and possible excursions at reception.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Osa038
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Spiess & Spiess is where to stay if you go to Vienna. Nice staff, beautiful rooms, the best breakfast ever. We were surprised to find that we were actually living in the center of everything - really close to everything that we wanted to do in Vienna (including a wonderful evening at Arena Wien)

Room Tip: In the summer you might want to ask for a room facing the garden
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shamangran
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed here for three nights and it was flawless. Rooms were spacious, modern and clean, hospitality was fantastic and location was perfect. Apartments are a couple minutes from the subway station, so location is ideal, not in the super busy areas of Vienna, but still very close to the action.
Breakfast was very good with plenty options and again wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was our second stay at Spiess & Spiess and totally confirmed our memories of a previous wonderful stay. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms large, spotless & very comfortable & breakfast in the morning helps set you up for the whole day. Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: We chose room 2D in the attic of the house, it is the cheapest room, there is absolutely no street n...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susibLondon
Reviewed January 30, 2014

You'd rather expect to face difficulties when you stand with your luggage at the closed appartments' entrance at 6:30 in the morning. But then you press a button on the wall and a sleepy voice of a woman promises you a soonest salvation. A smiling old man opens the door in 5 minutes and 10 minutes later you enter your room.
This and the absolutely perfect breakfasts in a cozy space are the best rememberance of Spiess & Spiess.
The rest was quite usual to be specialy awarded.
It's an underground station in 50 steps and a cute courtyard view from a balcony. It's surely enough for a 3-days trip in Vienna. But we expected more than enough after reading reviews.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank koztya_42
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I arrived in Vienna by train and followed the instructions given to me by the B & B which required using the underground. The directions were very clear and when I came out of the station, there ahead of me to the left was my destination. Perfect! When I went to my room, I was amazed - it was in the back annex and had a patio onto the courtyard. What a treat! The room was very spacious - tastefully decorated in white and all the amenities were modern and sparkling clean. The bathroom was awesome - I felt very indulged. I ate at a couple restaurants in the neighbourhood - Greek, right beside the U entrance and an Italian place right around the corner. Both were very good and reasonable. I really loved how easy I could access the underground, which really helped me move around the city. The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful, although I had one bad experience when I enquired about getting tickets for the Vienna Boys Choir. I was assured the ticket was waiting for me to pick up and given directions to the theatre which involved the U and taking a bus at one of the stops. It was pouring rain so I jumped into a taxi and ended up at the wrong place with another lady, also given wrong directions. We were both stressed out as we had a time limit to claim our tickets. Luckily, a good Samaritan gave us a ride down the street to the theatre. After all that, when I got there, they didn't have a ticket in my name. Luckily, I was able to purchase a seat. It was a beautiful concert. Afterwards, the young lady sitting beside me directed me to the U station right outside the theatre. Not sure why I didn't get the correct info to begin with, but that was my only negative experience at this beautiful B & B and I have no hesitation in recommending it. Stay there! You'll love it!.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sanspen
SPIESS-Team, Geschäftsführer at Hotel SPIESS & SPIESS Appartement-Pension, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest!
Thank you so much for your outstanding review. We appreciate it a lot to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you recommend our place!
I have investigated the incident regarding the wrong instructions you were given on how to get to the Concert. We are very sorry about that and will make sure that every one of our team now knows how to get there.
Best regards,